-   -   Board meetings format (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-advisory-board/713069-board-meetings-format.html)

Jaroslav Reznik 04-09-2013 01:52 PM

Board meetings format

Hi,
I'd like to follow up with my action item from the last meeting and start
the discussion how the "Board" meetings should looks like.

Current Board meeting format looks like - the meeting is owned by Board,
with a short community Q/A section and the rest is Board business. Usually
the reason why Q/A section is short - not so many people shows up for
different reasons. I'd say one could be - as it's called Board meeting, people
could be scared from this fact. Also the awareness of community part is not
wide spread I'd say (at least, we could try to market it more). On the other
hand - Board does not have so many items, that are Board only (we survived
three months without Board meetings and we are still here ;-) but usually
we try to solve broader community issues and we want as much community input/
feedback as possible. And we usually have a good participation when we
market meeting with these community topics.

So for me personally, it would make sense to move from "Board meeting" with
short community Q/A section to "Community meeting" with a Board section - when
needed and even if the Board one would be longer - it's always a good thing
to attract more people to follow the discussion, decision and so on.

Also I like Robyn's idea to invite other teams representatives - again, it
matches the "Community meeting" fairly well. Currently we do not have any
sync up place for project updates etc.

Btw. in case we would need more space for Board issues, we can have some
combination, like the first meeting in week is designated for Board issues
and so on - I think there're quite a few possibilites.

(Because of Zimbra I sent the mail to the old list, forgot it if you got it!)

Jaroslav

Bruno Wolff III 04-09-2013 05:18 PM

Board meetings format

On Tue, Apr 09, 2013 at 09:52:22 -0400,
So for me personally, it would make sense to move from "Board meeting" with
short community Q/A section to "Community meeting" with a Board section - when
needed and even if the Board one would be longer - it's always a good thing
to attract more people to follow the discussion, decision and so on.

Maybe there needs to be two sets of meetings. One for board internal stuff
and other open to the community.

It would be nice to have agendas for the community meetings so that people
who are interested in particular topics can show up.

"Eric H. Christensen" 04-09-2013 06:35 PM

Board meetings format

Michael Scherer 04-09-2013 08:20 PM

Board meetings format

Le mardi 09 avril 2013 à 09:52 -0400, Jaroslav Reznik a écrit :
> Hi,
> I'd like to follow up with my action item from the last meeting and start
> the discussion how the "Board" meetings should looks like.
>
> Current Board meeting format looks like - the meeting is owned by Board,
> with a short community Q/A section and the rest is Board business. Usually
> the reason why Q/A section is short - not so many people shows up for
> different reasons. I'd say one could be - as it's called Board meeting, people
> could be scared from this fact. Also the awareness of community part is not
> wide spread I'd say (at least, we could try to market it more). On the other
> hand - Board does not have so many items, that are Board only (we survived
> three months without Board meetings and we are still here ;-) but usually
> we try to solve broader community issues and we want as much community input/
> feedback as possible. And we usually have a good participation when we
> market meeting with these community topics.
>
> So for me personally, it would make sense to move from "Board meeting" with
> short community Q/A section to "Community meeting" with a Board section - when
> needed and even if the Board one would be longer - it's always a good thing
> to attract more people to follow the discussion, decision and so on.

Well, the previous meeting was a little bit too alive to be followed, so
while I have no idea on how to achieve that, I think a little bit more
order would not be bad.

Maybe we could ask to people to send their questions in advance ?
( not sure if this would work fine )

--
Michael Scherer

Bruno Wolff III 04-09-2013 08:40 PM