Old 12-10-2012, 12:35 PM
Robyn Bergeron

Default Elections "number of voters" history

Looking at historical voting count patterns (# of ballots cast aka. "how many people voted") was brought up a bit on the test list and it's something that I've been wanting to actually see for a while, just to see if there's any meaningful comparison/information/things to note. So I threw it together.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Voting_count_history

The above was pretty quick and dirty and would probably be more useful to see in individual "each election over time" type tables, but it is a start. There are a few things missing (Board for F10 election attachment I couldn't open in archives), and some historical anecdotal info would be good too (when/why FAmSCo went from 1/year to 2/year, why Robyn can't find name voting for prior to F11) - most of it is on the wiki but I haven't linked to it yet (or haven't found the why just yet, in the case of name voting prior to f11).

I'm not seeing anything terribly interesting, offhand. Thoughts welcomed though of course.

-Robyn

Old 12-10-2012, 01:25 PM
Matthew Miller

On Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 08:35:30AM -0500, Robyn Bergeron wrote:
> couldn't open in archives), and some historical anecdotal info would be
> good too (when/why FAmSCo went from 1/year to 2/year, why Robyn can't find
> name voting for prior to F11) - most of it is on the wiki but I haven't

If you want to dig, look here:

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-announce-list/

That's the archives from before the lists where migrated to our independent
infrastructure.

> I'm not seeing anything terribly interesting, offhand. Thoughts welcomed
> though of course.

The totals seems fairly consistent, which is interesting in itself.

--
Matthew Miller ☁☁☁ Fedora Cloud Architect ☁☁☁ <mattdm@fedoraproject.org>

Old 12-10-2012, 01:39 PM
Jaroslav Reznik

> On Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 08:35:30AM -0500, Robyn Bergeron wrote:
> > couldn't open in archives), and some historical anecdotal info
> > would be
> > good too (when/why FAmSCo went from 1/year to 2/year, why Robyn
> > can't find
> > name voting for prior to F11) - most of it is on the wiki but I
> > haven't
>
> If you want to dig, look here:
>
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-announce-list/
>

> That's the archives from before the lists where migrated to our
> independent
> infrastructure.
>

> > I'm not seeing anything terribly interesting, offhand. Thoughts
> > welcomed
> > though of course.
>
> The totals seems fairly consistent, which is interesting in itself.

Fairly consistent but also there were changes over the time:
* Board - cla_done except November 2010 when any non-cla was required
* FAmSCo - it was ambassadors only for a long time, now it's any
non-cla.

/me is now learning how to create graphs in Sheets so I can add them
to the wiki.

Jaroslav

Old 12-10-2012, 01:55 PM
Kvin Raymond

> The totals seems fairly consistent, which is interesting in itself.

But we still have no real contributors data up to date, to build some more
interersting stats.

Like how much really active we are (devs, docs, L10n...)

As an ambassador, I always get the question how many contributors are you? How
many active packagers?..

--
Kvin Raymond
(Shaiton)

Old 12-10-2012, 01:58 PM
Peter Robinson

On Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 2:55 PM, Kvin Raymond
<shaiton@fedoraproject.org> wrote:

>> The totals seems fairly consistent, which is interesting in itself.
>

> But we still have no real contributors data up to date, to build some more
> interersting stats.
>
> Like how much really active we are (devs, docs, L10n...)
>
> As an ambassador, I always get the question how many contributors are you? How
> many active packagers?..

Completely off topic for this thread.

Peter

Old 12-10-2012, 02:05 PM
Kvin Raymond

> > But we still have no real contributors data up to date, to build some more
> > interersting stats.
> >
> > Like how much really active we are (devs, docs, L10n...)
> >
> > As an ambassador, I always get the question how many contributors are you? How
> > many active packagers?..
>
> Completely off topic for this thread.

I meant while reading voting result, it is interesting to know how many
participant we had. But also to know how many active contributors are actually
voting.

(Like for the release name vote for example)

--
Kvin Raymond
(Shaiton)