Fedora Board Recap 2012-10-03
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
== Attendees ==
=== Present ===
* Eric Christensen
* John Rose
* Robyn Bergeron
* Toshio Kuratomi
* Garrett Holmstrom
* Peter Robinson
* Christoph Wickert
* Nick Bebout
* David Nalley
=== Absent ===
* Jaroslav Reznik
== Announcements ==
* Secure boot update:
** releng changes are being worked on by the Feature Owners
* FUDCon Paris will be in progress next week.
* Next meeting: IRC, 2012-10-11
== CWG - potential nominees, etc. ticket 145 ==
* Toshio will be contacting the nominees as submitted on the ticket,
asking if they're even interested in participating.
== #147: Approve logo use for GitHub organization "fedora-openstack" ==
* Similar to the fedora-jboss-as project on github that we did grant
* Is this a RH project or is this more of a Fedora-community project?
* Why not fedorahosted? (what does github provide)
* What about this makes it a Fedora effort?
** For example, is this being talked about with the Fedora Cloud SIG?
** Are the Fedora packagers currently working on packaging Openstack
* Also a desire to make generic TM guidelines for using the trademark
in github projects
== #146: Fedora 19 Naming process - update ==
* Schedule -- Bump submission to legal back a week [DATE]
* Make the vetting process more public this time?
* We'll have a week for the Board to vet this time. So procedure:
** We'll divide up the list at one Board Meeting and work on it that week.
** if we have no questions when we vet => move to a new table of
** if we do have questions or don't get to it => leave on the original
** On the Board meeting day, we'll vet any names that are still in the
original table as a group
== #144: Hidden Private Builds ==
* Would be an incredible amount of work to make Koji work with a new
process allowing public/private builds.
* No philosophical problem with having private builds where the source
and binary packages are subsequently made public at the same time
* Some would like to limit to CVE/Security embargoed items
* Proposal: The Board has no philosophical issue with private builds
for security embargoes. If someone is willing to work with
infrastructure and releng to do it, that's fine. To be clear, the
Board is not requiring that infra and releng work on this -- someone
needs to work with them if they want it.
** Conditions: When the build is released, both source and binary must
go out at the same time
** Some Fedora group will need to have the ability to approve that a
specific package can make private builds for a certain issue. The
ability to create the private builds should not be for every packager.
== #141: Voting on board issues & transparency - back to the drawing
* A new proposal will be added to the Trac ticket.
== Possible discussion on new meeting time ==
* Only five people have submitted their availability.
* Submit your availability at http://whenisgood.net/3a7a9nz
* DST: Oct 28 (EU); Nov 4 (US)
Eric "Sparks" Christensen
Fedora Project - https://fedoraproject.org
* Fedora Board
* Documentation Project
097C 82C3 52DF C64A 50C2 E3A3 8076 ABDE 024B B3D1
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.12 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://www.enigmail.net/
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
advisory-board mailing list
|All times are GMT. The time now is 10:06 AM.|
VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.