Old 09-06-2012, 03:58 AM
Garrett Holmstrom

Default Fedora Board Recap: 2012-09-05

Minutes from today's Fedora Board meeting on 5 Sep 2012:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Meeting:Board_meeting_2012-09-05

== Attendance ==

Present:
* Eric Christensen
* Robyn Bergeron
* David Nalley
* John Rose
* Peter Robinson
* Garrett Holmstrom
* Jaroslav Reznik
* Toshio Kuratomi

Absent:
* Christoph Wickert
* Nick Bebout

Special guest star: Rex Dieter

Today's lucky secretary: Garrett Holmstrom

== Minutes ==
=== Announcements ===

=== Mate Desktop/personnel issues ===

Rex Dieter, Dan Mashal's sponsor, guest starred here.

Action: Toshio will update the trac ticket with information about what
has already happened. (summarized version of what Rex has done about the
problem)

Action: Dan's Ambassador and Packaging sponsors are going to continue
working with him to help ensure the level of courteousness has improved.

Action: Robyn will send a message to the upstream developer about what
we've done so far. They can contact the board-private mailing list or
Rex if there are any further issues.

=== End-user Survey ===

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/End_User_Survey_Questions

=== 142: DRM Free ===

=== Open Floor / Your suggestion here / Who's got good news? ===

John talked to the Iowa State solar car team [1] about using Fedora/RH.

=== 141: Publicizing Board votes ===

The board will vote next week and in the trac ticket.

== Next meeting: IRC, 2012-09-12 ==

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Board_public_IRC_meetings

Peter will miss the next two weeks' meetings.

Garrett might miss next week's meeting.

[1] http://solarcar.stuorg.iastate.edu/home.php

Old 09-06-2012, 12:20 PM
Josh Boyer

On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 11:58 PM, Garrett Holmstrom
<gholms@fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> === 142: DRM Free ===

What is this? Even a cursory explanation would be welcome.

josh

Old 09-06-2012, 12:36 PM
Peter Robinson

On Thu, Sep 6, 2012 at 1:20 PM, Josh Boyer <jwboyer@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 11:58 PM, Garrett Holmstrom
> <gholms@fedoraproject.org> wrote:
>> === 142: DRM Free ===
>
> What is this? Even a cursory explanation would be welcome.

Someone asked if we would be interested in putting the logo from
Defective by Design [1] on the media/site so we discussed the
pros/cons of it.

Personally I'm not for it because I believe we make the statement
abundantly clear anyway with our actions and I don't see we need to
champion a third party to prove it.

[1] http://www.defectivebydesign.org/drm-free