Old 07-21-2012, 04:03 PM
Christopher Patrick

Default Proposal in naming Fedora

I think Fedora should have a naming system similier to Ubuntu example would be where fedora 18 would be named Fedora 12.11 where 12 is the year and 11 is the month

Old 07-21-2012, 04:10 PM

I think Fedora should have a naming system similier to Ubuntu example
would be where fedora 18 would be named Fedora 12.11 where 12 is the
year and 11 is the month

That would make sense if Fedora was always released on schedule. We
know that Ubuntu will be released on time, with or without major bugs.

--
finid

Old 07-21-2012, 05:29 PM
Christoph Wickert

Am Samstag, den 21.07.2012, 09:03 -0700 schrieb Christopher Patrick:
> I think Fedora should have a naming system similier to Ubuntu example
> would be where fedora 18 would be named Fedora 12.11 where 12 is the
> year and 11 is the month

Please don't confuse naming and versioning. AFAIK nobody has ever
questioned our versions, just the release names.

Kind regards,
Christoph

Old 07-21-2012, 05:51 PM
Gerold Kassube

Am Samstag, den 21.07.2012, 09:03 -0700 schrieb Christopher Patrick:
> I think Fedora should have a naming system similier to Ubuntu example
> would be where fedora 18 would be named Fedora 12.11 where 12 is the
> year and 11 is the month

^^
one of our four foundations stands for "FIRST"; I don't think we should
compare Fedora with Ubuntu. It's an absolute different model or
understanding of "Community driven Distribution" than we have :-)

Just my five cents

Gerold

Old 07-23-2012, 12:35 AM
Christopher Meng

Comparing with Ubuntu is not clever.Do you feel satisfied with its naming?I hate.

In addition,we are a community,and many dists' naming are not same as Ubuntu's.

--

Best Regards,
Christopher Meng------'Cicku'

Ambassador/Contributor of Fedora Project and Contributor of GNU.
Blog:http://cicku.me
Social:http://about.me/cicku