-   -   Proposal in naming Fedora (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-advisory-board/685923-proposal-naming-fedora.html)

Christopher Patrick 07-21-2012 04:03 PM

Proposal in naming Fedora

I think Fedora should have a naming system similier to Ubuntu example would be where fedora 18 would be named Fedora 12.11 where 12 is the year and 11 is the month

07-21-2012 04:10 PM

Proposal in naming Fedora

I think Fedora should have a naming system similier to Ubuntu example
would be where fedora 18 would be named Fedora 12.11 where 12 is the
year and 11 is the month

That would make sense if Fedora was always released on schedule. We
know that Ubuntu will be released on time, with or without major bugs.

--
finid

Christoph Wickert 07-21-2012 05:29 PM

Proposal in naming Fedora

Am Samstag, den 21.07.2012, 09:03 -0700 schrieb Christopher Patrick:
> I think Fedora should have a naming system similier to Ubuntu example
> would be where fedora 18 would be named Fedora 12.11 where 12 is the
> year and 11 is the month

Please don't confuse naming and versioning. AFAIK nobody has ever
questioned our versions, just the release names.

Kind regards,
Christoph

Gerold Kassube 07-21-2012 05:51 PM

Proposal in naming Fedora

Am Samstag, den 21.07.2012, 09:03 -0700 schrieb Christopher Patrick:
> I think Fedora should have a naming system similier to Ubuntu example
> would be where fedora 18 would be named Fedora 12.11 where 12 is the
> year and 11 is the month

^^
one of our four foundations stands for "FIRST"; I don't think we should
compare Fedora with Ubuntu. It's an absolute different model or
understanding of "Community driven Distribution" than we have :-)

Just my five cents

Gerold

Christopher Meng 07-23-2012 12:35 AM

Proposal in naming Fedora

Comparing with Ubuntu is not clever.Do you feel satisfied with its naming?I hate.

In addition,we are a community,and many dists' naming are not same as Ubuntu's.

--

Best Regards,
Christopher Meng------'Cicku'

Ambassador/Contributor of Fedora Project and Contributor of GNU.
Blog:http://cicku.me
Social:http://about.me/cicku