Old 09-03-2012, 02:59 AM
Tim

Default Proposal request for ideas on naming Fedora releases.

On Sun, 2012-09-02 at 11:03 -0500, inode0 wrote:
> Since this entire conversation is about if and how to change the
> process beginning with Fedora 19 there is no answer to your question
> until a new process is agreed to or the effort is abandoned, neither
> of which has happened yet.

Leaving one approach, in the meantime: Lots more people suggesting
better names, and more people voting for them. Rather than leaving the
naming process up to other people, who might pick names you don't like.

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.

Old 09-08-2012, 09:51 PM
"Eddie G. O'Connor Jr."

On 09/01/2012 08:17 AM, Lailah wrote:

El dom, 19-08-2012 a las 12:42 -0400, Eddie G. O'Connor Jr.
escribió:

I would love just "Bernhardt", as in "Verne".* Just the name,
without any other word.

Cheers

Lailah

I think that's a great idea! "Bernhardt".....version
F19?....F20?....LoL! Don't know if it's too late to submit it
for F18....

EGO II

For Fedora 18 is too late but I think we are on time for Fedora
19.* Where and when we can make our proposals for F19 name
release?

Regards,

Lailah

I think there's a link somewhere on the homepage for Fedora?....not
too sure, but I'll be searching high and low for it, as I would LOVE
to have had SOME "involvement" in the next version of Fedora...."The
Greatest OS On Earth"...LoL!

EGO II

Old 09-09-2012, 12:11 AM
"Eddie G. O'Connor Jr."

Since this entire conversation is about if and how to change the
process beginning with Fedora 19 there is no answer to your question
until a new process is agreed to or the effort is abandoned, neither
of which has happened yet.

Leaving one approach, in the meantime: Lots more people suggesting
better names, and more people voting for them. Rather than leaving the
naming process up to other people, who might pick names you don't like.

I agree! As long as there remains an interest in the naming convention,
then the general public can still have a say in this!

EGO II