Old 06-22-2012, 05:06 AM
Garrett Holmstrom

Default Fedora Board Recap 2012-06-20

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Meeting:Board_meeting_2012-06-20

Meeting: Board meeting 2012-06-20

== Attendance ==

Present:

David Nalley
Garrett Holmstrom
Toshio Kuratomi
Christoph Wickert
Eric Christensen
Robyn Bergeron
Jaroslav Reznik
Nick Bebout (late)

Absent:

Guillermo Gomez
Peter Robinson

Today's lucky secretary: Garrett Holmstrom

== Minutes ==
=== Announcements & welcoming new folks ===
Thanks to our new Board members emeritus!

Action: Christoph and Eric to work on election documentation/wiki pages.

=== Tickets ===
It's spins day!

==== 95: Request: please consider clarifying the project's position on
Spins ====

Robyn to beep at Adam for one more week and then we'll close it.

==== 136: Request for clarification on localization of Spins ====
Need exists for ambassadors to have Fedora with their local language to
hand out at local events.

What about a way to create spins automatically? (otherwise we have to
host and bless many spins... how many languages are there in India?)

* Board could revisit the things that are necessary for being an
"official spin" to make this possible. For instance, "If it comes out
of the web app spin creator that we host, it can be called Fedora"

App shown at FUDCon Blacksburg based on https://fedorahosted.org/dorrie

Action: Christoph will contact the Spins SIG with a proposal

=== Follow-up: Release naming process ===
http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting-1/2012-06-15/future-of-release-names.2012-06-15-17.01.html
IRC meeting minutes

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Suggestions_for_Fedora_Codename_Theme

Idea: if the release naming process changes, consider re-thinking the
way we involve the community.

Action: Everyone with ideas will write up a list of suggestions for
improving community involvement in naming.

=== Open Floor / Your suggestion here / Who's got good news? ===

=== Next meeting: IRC, 2012-06-27 ===
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Board_public_IRC_meetings

Robyn will be out; Jaroslav will lead next week's meeting.