Old 05-10-2012, 06:35 AM
Nicu Buculei

Default The Future of release names

On 05/09/2012 08:19 PM, Josh Boyer wrote:

On Wed, May 9, 2012 at 1:05 PM, Christoph Wickert wrote:

* An opportunity for marketing. At Berlin we'll be giving away
free hotdogs.

I think the F17 name is an anomaly in that regard. How are you going
to give away spherical cows, or zod, or leonidas?

If you are creative enough, you can draw marketing opportunities from
*everything*:
- Leonidas incidentally matched the release of the "300" movie, Spartans
and stuff... some of us used it like that;
- Zod was very early, when the community was underdeveloped, but it one
of the most awesome release names we ever had. One word: superheroes!
- Spherical Cow... that's still new and we have to do a bit of thinking,
but you can have for example simplified versions of anything.

Old 05-10-2012, 11:25 AM
Rajesh Ranjan