Old 05-04-2012, 08:13 AM
KÚvin Raymond

Default The incomming Indonesian Community Conflict

Hi there!

in fedoracommunity.org (thereafter called "fc.o") from
"id.fedoracommunity.org" to "fedora.or.id".
After digging a bit, I found that the ID community have two "portals",
and that they are not working together.

With this email, I kindly ask either the board or the FAmSCo to come
back to us (infra AND websites) if any action has to be taken (about
the id.fc.o domain and/or the fc.o website).
As I've not signed for community management, I am not sure to follow
the whole story starting now .

The story:
Back in November 2011, Arif Tri Waluyo have requested the id.fc.o
domain name, to point to his community portal. Once approved by the
board and done in the infra, he has sent to the Websites team a
request to add it on fc.o[2].
By that time, the website was really awesome, with a really nice them.
I remember having congratulated them.

Yesterday, we received a request from Yafiz Haris Nasution[3] to
change "id.fedoracommunity.org" to "fedora.or.id" in fc.o/apac without
anymore details. Because I would see this clever to change the id.fco
redirection I've asked for more details.
After a quick check, yesterday id.fc.o was redirected to an ugly
WordPress administration page.

My feeling now is that there is something not fair here. I've brought
Arif Tri Waluyo on the discussion and only him replied in public,
while Yafiz replied to me in private (I am going to share it soon, on
the original thread, as there is nothing that should be hidden).
I've also asked Yafiz about the fedora.or.id trademark agreement name,
without having a one line clear answer. Spot, could you please
approve?

Later yesterday, Arif Tri Waluyo asked the infra team to change the
id.fc.o redirection[4], which now points to an "Under maintenace "
website. I feel the hurry here. Arif, why did you need that?*Couldn't
you have waited to have a working webpage on your server?

As explained yesterday on the amba mailing list, I really love the
Fedora Project for its community, therefore I would like to prevent
this conflict to go forward.
Shouldn't we have only one local portal in order to have a strong
local community? I strongly think so.

Moreover, I've asked recently in trans and websites list (I should
have probably asked on the amba as well)[5] every community to check
their entries.
There were no feedback. Assumed correct.

[1]*http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/websites/2012-May/019518.html
[2]*http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/websites/2011-November/019006.html
[3]*http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/websites/2012-May/019518.html
[4]*https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/ticket/3272
[5]*http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/websites/2012-March/019367.html

Best Regards,

--
KÚvin Raymond
(shaiton)

Old 05-04-2012, 08:33 AM
Arif Tri Waluyo

We have received a request on the websites list[1] to change the link

[...]

I need it because I wanted to build a forum and blog, and it can not be done if the domain has not been directed to the server. I actually do not move here alone, there are some friends Indonesia who are also holders of FAS. Actually I had also asked the opinion of the spot on this matter. Spot only give advice in general. To prove that I have no personal ambition in this regard. I'm waiting for an answer, what should I do now?

Old 05-04-2012, 09:04 AM
KÚvin Raymond

[snip]

>> Later yesterday, Arif Tri Waluyo asked the infra team to change the
>> id.fc.o redirection[4], which now points to an "Under maintenace "
>> website. I feel the hurry here. Arif, why did you need that?*Couldn't
>> you have waited to have a working webpage on your server?
>
> I need it because I wanted to build a forum and blog, and it can not be done
> if the domain has not been directed to the server. I actually do not move
> here alone, there are some friends Indonesia who are also holders of FAS.
> Actually I had also asked the opinion of the spot on this matter. Spot only
> give advice in general. To prove that I have no personal ambition in this
> regard. I'm waiting for an answer, what should I do now?

"You" need it? Is it "I" or "My community"?
on the other server, I can see that a forum is already running.
http://fedora.or.id/forum/

[snip]

--
KÚvin Raymond
(shaiton)

Old 05-04-2012, 09:09 AM
K├ęvin Raymond

On Fri, May 4, 2012 at 10:47 AM, Yafiz Haris Nasution
<yafiz@fedora.or.id> wrote:
> Hi All,

Bottom-posting, please!

> Take a look to this page please :
> http://fedora.or.id/portal/author/arifiauo/
>
> Arif Tri Waluyo previous┬*is a contributor of Indonesia Fedora Community and
> then out of the community to build a community by her own.
>
> And then look to this page please : http://fedoraproject.org/en/about-fedora
>
> "The Fedora Project is the name of a worldwide community of people who love,
> use, and build free software. We want to lead in the creation and spread of
> free code and content by working together as a community."
>
> I think what we've (fedora.or.id Team /
> http://fedora.or.id/portal/tentang-kami/) done before is true, because the
> Fedora of the community and to community.

Shall we transfert id.fc.o to your portal?

Couldn't you guys come up with an arrangement?┬*You should keep the
portal gathering the strongest community, and share your experience in
order to grow up!

I know the work behind maintaining a community
website/wiki/planet/blog/facebook/twitter/ÔÇŽ (No I am not doing it).
This is HUGE, couldn't you share responsibilities, avoid spare time
and just work efficiently?
I can't imagine that you're only two guys in this community, are there
some discussions on your local mailing list?

--
K├ęvin Raymond
(shaiton)

Old 05-04-2012, 09:18 AM
Arif Tri Waluyo

>> Later yesterday, Arif Tri Waluyo asked the infra team to change the

>> id.fc.o redirection[4], which now points to an "Under maintenace "

>> website. I feel the hurry here. Arif, why did you need that?*Couldn't

>> you have waited to have a working webpage on your server?

> I need it because I wanted to build a forum and blog, and it can not be done

> if the domain has not been directed to the server. I actually do not move

> here alone, there are some friends Indonesia who are also holders of FAS.

> Actually I had also asked the opinion of the spot on this matter. Spot only

> give advice in general. To prove that I have no personal ambition in this

> regard. I'm waiting for an answer, what should I do now?

"You" need it? Is it "I" or "My community"?

on the other server, I can see that a forum is already running.

http://fedora.or.id/forum/
I think the Fedora community, as I opened the widest opportunity for anyone to join. My account was deleted in that forum. If indeed there is a mistake that I need to fix it, please say. I will not obtrude.

[snip]

--

KÚvin Raymond

(shaiton)