Old 04-25-2012, 01:36 PM
"Neville A. Cross"

Default Stepping down as FAmSCo chair (was: Petition for Board to dissolve FAmSCo and call new elections)

On Thu, 2012-04-19 at 17:33 +0200, Christoph Wickert wrote:

> In an attempt to calm down the situation, I hereby step down as FAmSCo
> chair and declare my seat subject to the election in the F18 cycle.
>
> I am doing this
> * carefully considering the concerns that were raised,
> * to free the way to a FAmSCo election under the new election
> guidelines,
> * to enable more people to vote for FAmSCo,
> * to give an example to other FAmSCo members, and
> * because I am convinced that everybody who does good work will
> get re-elected.

I am taking this as example. I believe that this demonstrate that we are
not changing elections in order to extend our position without being
approved by the community. So I am too declaring my seat open to
election.

--
Neville
Linux User # 473217