-   -   Stepping down as FAmSCo chair (was: Petition for Board to dissolve FAmSCo and call new elections) (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-advisory-board/657672-stepping-down-famsco-chair-petition-board-dissolve-famsco-call-new-elections.html)

Christoph Wickert 04-19-2012 03:33 PM

Stepping down as FAmSCo chair (was: Petition for Board to dissolve FAmSCo and call new elections)

Hi John,

thank for for sharing your thoughts with us. I do agree to some of them
but disagree to others. Unfortunately I do not have the time to explain
everything in detail now.

On the other hand I feel an urgent need to respond. Things are a bit
out of control already. Thanks to x-posting of the initial mail, we now
have discussions on two different mailing lists. This combined with
missing or false information can do major harm to FAmSCo.

In an attempt to calm down the situation, I hereby step down as FAmSCo
chair and declare my seat subject to the election in the F18 cycle.

I am doing this
* carefully considering the concerns that were raised,
* to free the way to a FAmSCo election under the new election
guidelines,
* to enable more people to vote for FAmSCo,
* to give an example to other FAmSCo members, and
* because I am convinced that everybody who does good work will
get re-elected.

I will get back to you later and then respond to your mail in more
detail.

So long,
Christoph