Old 04-18-2012, 03:42 PM
Toshio Kuratomi

Default Public IRC Board Meeting today, Wednesday, 2012-04-18 18:30 UTC

Greetings!

This is a friendly reminder that the Fedora Board will be having a public IRC
meeting Today!, Wednesday, April 18, at 18:30 UTC. This meeting is open to
everyone, participation and input is welcomed.

When: 18:30 UTC (2:30pm US-Eastern), on April 18, 2012
Where: in #fedora-meeting on irc.freenode.net (assuming no conflicts)
Meeting Info: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Board/IRC
Meeting Secretary: Rex Dieter

Today's agenda is:

* Announcements
* Open Q & A
* Peter Robinson on his Board member goals
* Open Tickets:
** 130: Make the Board less of a Single Point of Failure
* Any other business?
** We can look through, report status, and close old tickets if we have
time remaining.
* Next public Board IRC meeting time/date confirmation: May 2, 2012, 18:30
UTC

-Toshio

Old 04-18-2012, 03:56 PM
Toshio Kuratomi

On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 8:42 AM, Toshio Kuratomi <a.badger@gmail.com> wrote:
> Today's agenda is:
>
> * Announcements
> * Open Q & A
> * Peter Robinson on his Board member goals
> * Open Tickets:
> *** 130: Make the Board less of a Single Point of Failure
> * Any other business?
> *** We can look through, report status, and close old tickets if we have
> * * time remaining.

One addition is the Fedora 18 naming election.

There's two things that need to be decided:
* What dates to hold the election (since we're off the schedule)?
* What are the precise questions we're asking on the concurrent
"should we continue to have release names" poll?

-Toshio

Old 04-18-2012, 04:42 PM
Peter Robinson

On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 4:42 PM, Toshio Kuratomi <a.badger@gmail.com> wrote:
> Greetings!
>
> This is a friendly reminder that the Fedora Board will be having a public IRC
> meeting Today!, Wednesday, April 18, at 18:30 UTC. This meeting is open to
> everyone, participation and input is welcomed.
>
> When: 18:30 UTC (2:30pm US-Eastern), on April 18, 2012
> Where: in #fedora-meeting on irc.freenode.net (assuming no conflicts)
> Meeting Info: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Board/IRC
> Meeting Secretary: Rex Dieter
>
> Today's agenda is:
>
> * Announcements
> * Open Q & A
> * Peter Robinson on his Board member goals
> * Open Tickets:
> *** 130: Make the Board less of a Single Point of Failure
> * Any other business?
> *** We can look through, report status, and close old tickets if we have
> * * time remaining.
> * Next public Board IRC meeting time/date confirmation: May 2, 2012, 18:30
> *UTC

I'll be absent from this meeting due to other commitments.

Regards,
Peter

Old 04-18-2012, 04:55 PM
David Nalley

On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 12:42 PM, Peter Robinson <pbrobinson@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 4:42 PM, Toshio Kuratomi <a.badger@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Greetings!
>>
>> This is a friendly reminder that the Fedora Board will be having a public IRC
>> meeting Today!, Wednesday, April 18, at 18:30 UTC. This meeting is open to
>> everyone, participation and input is welcomed.
>>
>> When: 18:30 UTC (2:30pm US-Eastern), on April 18, 2012
>> Where: in #fedora-meeting on irc.freenode.net (assuming no conflicts)
>> Meeting Info: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Board/IRC
>> Meeting Secretary: Rex Dieter
>>
>> Today's agenda is:
>>
>> * Announcements
>> * Open Q & A
>> * Peter Robinson on his Board member goals
>> * Open Tickets:
>> *** 130: Make the Board less of a Single Point of Failure
>> * Any other business?
>> *** We can look through, report status, and close old tickets if we have
>> * * time remaining.
>> * Next public Board IRC meeting time/date confirmation: May 2, 2012, 18:30
>> *UTC
>
> I'll be absent from this meeting due to other commitments.
>
> Regards,
> Peter

As will I

--David

Old 04-18-2012, 05:16 PM
Toshio Kuratomi

On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 12:55:23PM -0400, David Nalley wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 12:42 PM, Peter Robinson <pbrobinson@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I'll be absent from this meeting due to other commitments.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Peter
>
> As will I

Looks like we're going to have at least 5 people out today (the other three
are gomix, rdieter, and possibly rbergeron) so I think we'll probably be
a little short on decision making. The remaining Board members will still
be there for Q & A and some discussion. I think we'll still try to decide
the elections questions since that's already running late. I may post the
questions for the "should we keep release naming" poll here for quick
feedback but the plan is to run the release naming vote at the same time as
the poll so I don't want to leave it hanging for too long.

-Toshio