Old 04-10-2012, 04:53 PM
inode0

Default F18 Naming Election

People are starting to reasonably ask questions about what is going on
with this election now. The published schedule shows that we are
supposed to be in the middle of the voting step now but we don't seem
to have started it yet.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Name_suggestions_for_Fedora_18#Naming_Schedule

Has the list been dealt with by the Board at this point? Has the
result been passed on for legal review yet?

Can we change the wiki to indicate the delay so folks stop trying to vote now?

John

Old 04-10-2012, 05:36 PM
Robyn Bergeron

People are starting to reasonably ask questions about what is going on
with this election now. The published schedule shows that we are
supposed to be in the middle of the voting step now but we don't seem
to have started it yet.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Name_suggestions_for_Fedora_18#Naming_Schedule

Has the list been dealt with by the Board at this point? Has the
result been passed on for legal review yet?

I haven't heard back from legal yet; I will ping them today.

Can we change the wiki to indicate the delay so folks stop trying to vote now?

Be bold, please.

John

Old 04-10-2012, 05:38 PM
Toshio Kuratomi

On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 11:53:15AM -0500, inode0 wrote:
> People are starting to reasonably ask questions about what is going on
> with this election now. The published schedule shows that we are
> supposed to be in the middle of the voting step now but we don't seem
> to have started it yet.
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Name_suggestions_for_Fedora_18#Naming_Schedule
>
> Has the list been dealt with by the Board at this point? Has the
> result been passed on for legal review yet?

The names were vetted by the Board the day after the submissions closed
(March 28).

The names are currently being vetted by Legal. Since Legal review is
a blackbox, we don't know precisely when we'll get the vetted list of names
back.

> Can we change the wiki to indicate the delay so folks stop trying to vote now?

I've updated the page to say what's been done and which step we're delayed
on.

-Toshio

Old 04-11-2012, 02:24 PM
Pam Chestek

On 4/10/2012 1:38 PM, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 11:53:15AM -0500, inode0 wrote:
>> People are starting to reasonably ask questions about what is going on
>> with this election now. The published schedule shows that we are
>> supposed to be in the middle of the voting step now but we don't seem
>> to have started it yet.
>>
>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Name_suggestions_for_Fedora_18#Naming_Schedule
>>
>> Has the list been dealt with by the Board at this point? Has the
>> result been passed on for legal review yet?
>>
> The names were vetted by the Board the day after the submissions closed
> (March 28).
>
> The names are currently being vetted by Legal. Since Legal review is
> a blackbox, we don't know precisely when we'll get the vetted list of names
> back.
>
>> Can we change the wiki to indicate the delay so folks stop trying to vote now?
>>
> I've updated the page to say what's been done and which step we're delayed
> on.
>
> -Toshio

Hey guys, that was kind of unkind not telling the whole story,
particularly since it was reported in the news. We were given the names
on April 3, not 30 March that was listed on the schedule. I also told
Robyn that it generally takes a week, and Friday was a holiday. Erin is
sending out the results now.

Pam

Old 04-11-2012, 02:42 PM
Toshio Kuratomi

On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 10:24:19AM -0400, Pam Chestek wrote:
> On 4/10/2012 1:38 PM, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
> > On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 11:53:15AM -0500, inode0 wrote:
> >> People are starting to reasonably ask questions about what is going on
> >> with this election now. The published schedule shows that we are
> >> supposed to be in the middle of the voting step now but we don't seem
> >> to have started it yet.
> >>
> >> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Name_suggestions_for_Fedora_18#Naming_Schedule
> >>
> >> Has the list been dealt with by the Board at this point? Has the
> >> result been passed on for legal review yet?
> >>
> > The names were vetted by the Board the day after the submissions closed
> > (March 28).
> >
> > The names are currently being vetted by Legal. Since Legal review is
> > a blackbox, we don't know precisely when we'll get the vetted list of names
> > back.
> >
> >> Can we change the wiki to indicate the delay so folks stop trying to vote now?
> >>
> > I've updated the page to say what's been done and which step we're delayed
> > on.
> >
> > -Toshio
> >
> Hey guys, that was kind of unkind not telling the whole story,
> particularly since it was reported in the news. We were given the names
> on April 3, not 30 March that was listed on the schedule. I also told
> Robyn that it generally takes a week, and Friday was a holiday. Erin is
> sending out the results now.

Oops... sorry. I was unaware of hte whole story.

-Toshio

Old 04-11-2012, 02:49 PM
Pam Chestek

On 4/11/2012 10:42 AM, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 10:24:19AM -0400, Pam Chestek wrote:

>>> The names were vetted by the Board the day after the submissions closed
>>> (March 28).
>>>
>>> The names are currently being vetted by Legal. Since Legal review is
>>> a blackbox, we don't know precisely when we'll get the vetted list of names
>>> back.

>>> I've updated the page to say what's been done and which step we're delayed
>>> on.
>>>
>>> -Toshio
>>>
>> Hey guys, that was kind of unkind not telling the whole story,
>> particularly since it was reported in the news. We were given the names
>> on April 3, not 30 March that was listed on the schedule. I also told
>> Robyn that it generally takes a week, and Friday was a holiday. Erin is
>> sending out the results now.
>>
> Oops... sorry. I was unaware of hte whole story.
>
> -Toshio

No problem. We just try really hard to do good work!!

Pam