Old 03-29-2012, 12:01 PM
"Jared K. Smith"

Default board followup to "Connotation analysis for Fedora Project codename"

On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 5:36 PM, Bruno Wolff III <bruno@wolff.to> wrote:
> I would expect removals to be rare at that step, so it may be worth
> risking some lawyer time to make things happen faster.

They're not. The Red Hat legal team often removes names from the list
at this step in the process.

--
Jared Smith

Old 03-29-2012, 12:04 PM
Bruno Wolff III

On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 08:01:20 -0400,
"Jared K. Smith" <jsmith@fedoraproject.org> wrote:

On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 5:36 PM, Bruno Wolff III <bruno@wolff.to> wrote:

I would expect removals to be rare at that step, so it may be worth
risking some lawyer time to make things happen faster.

They're not. The Red Hat legal team often removes names from the list
at this step in the process.

I was thinking of objectionable to a significant fraction of our community
names. I would expect that most of those would be caught before things were
handed off to the lawyers. So that would not be likely to spend time reviewing
a name that would be scratched anyway because it was objectionable.

Old 04-02-2012, 08:45 AM
Rajesh Ranjan

, Rex Dieter wrote:
The
board discussed the feedback stemming from the "Connotation
analysis for Fedora Project codename" thread, and has agreed to
add a period of community comment and feedback of at least one
week, prior to putting up a final list of release names for
community vote.* This will take effect starting with the F19
naming process.

In practical terms, we envision starting this community feedback
period at the same time that Red Hat legal is vetting names, and
that reviewing said feedback will require adding one week to
future (F19+) naming schedules.

-- rex

advisory-board@lists.fedoraproject.org

Thanks a lot to all the board members for discussing the issue and
taking decision.

Rajesh Ranjan

Language Maintainer, Hindi

www.rajeshranjan.in