-   -   F18 Election Schedule (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-advisory-board/649053-f18-election-schedule.html)

inode0 03-26-2012 04:55 PM

F18 Election Schedule

Hi everyone,

It is that time of the year again to begin working out the details of
the upcoming elections for the Board and FESCo. I have a draft
proposal available on the elections page

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Elections

I have a couple of comments about it. First, we want to run the
elections within 30 days of release and that is getting more and more
difficult to do with the addition of questionnaires and townhalls. We
also don't want to burden people working hard on the release with
election business before they get the release finished.

What I hope to do is regularize this schedule so we don't need to
continue making it up each election and getting it approved each
election. Some details here need to be sorted out before that happens
and I'd like to run through two election cycles since they are
different to make sure what we have works well for both first. My hope
is that the first three items on the schedule (general announcement,
questionnaire announcement, and first FPL appointment) will always
happen in the two week period before the expected release date at the
time. The rest of the items on the schedule I would like to see begin
the day after the actual final release. This gives the entire schedule
some float to make sure it does not interfere too much with the
release itself. That is the goal anyway.

If you have any objections or concerns about this proposed schedule
please just let me know and I'll be happy to accommodate them into a
second draft.

Thanks,
John

Rex Dieter 03-28-2012 06:56 PM

F18 Election Schedule

inode0 wrote:

> It is that time of the year again to begin working out the details of
> the upcoming elections for the Board and FESCo. I have a draft
> proposal available on the elections page
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Elections
> If you have any objections or concerns about this proposed schedule
> please just let me know and I'll be happy to accommodate them into a
> second draft.

thanks John! the board reviewed your draft in today's meeting, and all
looks good from our point of view.

Looking forward to seeing the initial schedule announcement ~apr 24.

-- rex

inode0 04-10-2012 06:37 PM

F18 Election Schedule

On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 1:56 PM, Rex Dieter <rdieter@math.unl.edu> wrote:
> inode0 wrote:
>
>> It is that time of the year again to begin working out the details of
>> the upcoming elections for the Board and FESCo. I have a draft
>> proposal available on the elections page
>>
>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Elections
>> If you have any objections or concerns about this proposed schedule
>> please just let me know and I'll be happy to accommodate them into a
>> second draft.
>
> thanks John! *the board reviewed your draft in today's meeting, and all
> looks good from our point of view.
>
> Looking forward to seeing the initial schedule announcement ~apr 24.

FAmSCo is considering holding an election this cycle now. A final
decision from them needs to be made quickly to allow that to happen
but I just wanted to check whether it is fine with the Board for me to
adjust the approved schedule to include FAmSCo if they make that
decision in a timely enough manner so none of the deadlines (the
actual schedule) need to be changed or whether the Board would want to
approve this again after adding FAmSCo to the schedule (assuming that
happens)?

I would like to just proceed with whatever decision FAmSCo makes
without coming back to the Board but also don't want to surprise the
Board by announcing something different from what the Board approved
as the election schedule.

Thanks,
John

Rex Dieter 04-10-2012 10:30 PM

F18 Election Schedule

inode0 wrote:

> I would like to just proceed with whatever decision FAmSCo makes

+1
make it so.

-- rex

inode0 04-24-2012 08:20 PM

F18 Election Schedule

On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 5:30 PM, Rex Dieter <rdieter@math.unl.edu> wrote:
> inode0 wrote:
>
>> I would like to just proceed with whatever decision FAmSCo makes
>
> +1
> make it so.

Ok, we don't know what decision, if any, FAmSCo is making at this
point so we have decided to slip the announcement date to Friday April
27 and ask that FAmSCo make a final decision and inform us of it by
Thursday April 26. The rest of the schedule is not changing at this
time. If we don't hear from FAmSCo on or before Thursday April 26 we
will be announcing the schedule as it exists on the elections page
now.

John