Old 03-27-2012, 03:52 PM
Richard Fontana

Default Connotation analysis for Fedora Project codenames

On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 11:43:14AM -0400, Mirn Duffy wrote:
> One that I thought of after initially posting the wiki page: coffee shop
> drinks? So however you order your tea or coffee... it would involve a
> lot of modifiers and there are a lot of potential combos, no? Would that
> ever be a problem? E.g.,
>
> - triple soy latte
> - skinny caramel macchiato
> - hammerhead with cream
> - iced french roast

Some religions disapprove of caffeine. <ducking>

Old 03-27-2012, 03:55 PM
Rex Dieter

On 03/27/2012 10:11 AM, Mirn Duffy wrote:

On Tue, 2012-03-27 at 06:52 -0700, Robyn Bergeron wrote:

We could, theoretically, just add "No Name, F18 and beyond" in the list
with all other release names, in one vote.

The issue with this approach is that it leaves the folks who like having
names but dislike the current 'is a' process without a say.

this is the first I've heard of anyone suggesting using anything other
than the "is a" approach. Prior, I'd only heard the semi-common
suggestion to abolish release names altogether.

Seems we're getting lost in the weeds now.

-- rex

Old 03-27-2012, 03:59 PM
Mirn Duffy

On Tue, 2012-03-27 at 10:55 -0500, Rex Dieter wrote:
> On 03/27/2012 10:11 AM, Mirn Duffy wrote:
> > On Tue, 2012-03-27 at 06:52 -0700, Robyn Bergeron wrote:
> >> We could, theoretically, just add "No Name, F18 and beyond" in the list
> >> with all other release names, in one vote.
> >
> > The issue with this approach is that it leaves the folks who like having
> > names but dislike the current 'is a' process without a say.
>
> this is the first I've heard of anyone suggesting using anything other
> than the "is a" approach. Prior, I'd only heard the semi-common
> suggestion to abolish release names altogether.

Read back through the thread; there are several such suggestions.

~m

Old 03-27-2012, 04:01 PM
Mirn Duffy

On Tue, 2012-03-27 at 11:52 -0400, Richard Fontana wrote:
> Some religions disapprove of caffeine. <ducking>

The first iteration of the idea was cocktails

~m

Old 03-27-2012, 04:07 PM
Pierre-Yves Chibon

On Tue, 2012-03-27 at 11:43 -0400, Mirn Duffy wrote:

> > Just some food for thought if we go down the path of naming based on
> > theme, so we can be sure to pick a fertile, flexible theme rather
> than
> > one that will offer nothing but frustration. We might want to
> consider
> > running some test names in a proposed theme to see what kind of
> > results we get.
>
> One that I thought of after initially posting the wiki page: coffee
> shop drinks?

Brainstorming for brainstorming, what about linux distribution bits ?
Fedora XX "Kernel"/"PulseAudio"/"SystemD"/"Xorg" & co.
We could somehow link that the feature process to highlight one that we
like the most.
Less fun than the cocktails idea though

Pierre

Old 03-27-2012, 04:29 PM
Rex Dieter

We could, theoretically, just add "No Name, F18 and beyond" in the list
with all other release names, in one vote.

The issue with this approach is that it leaves the folks who like having
names but dislike the current 'is a' process without a say.

this is the first I've heard of anyone suggesting using anything other
than the "is a" approach. Prior, I'd only heard the semi-common
suggestion to abolish release names altogether.

Read back through the thread; there are several such suggestions.

I'll take your word for it, the thread has already gotten beyond
managable for me to follow.

I'd kindly and humbly suggest that anyone currently in *this* thread not
speaking directly to the topic in $SUBJECT "Connation analysys" , that
you start a new thread to discuss $SOME_OTHER_SUBJECT

-- rex

Old 03-28-2012, 06:34 AM
Nicu Buculei