-   -   A new goal for me as a board member (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-advisory-board/644893-new-goal-me-board-member.html)

Christoph Wickert 03-15-2012 08:38 AM

A new goal for me as a board member

Hi,

while we talked about my personal goals as a board member in yesterday's
meeting, I completely forgot to tell you about a new goal I set myself
recently: Have 3 upstream developers join Fedora to co-maintain their
packages.

Simple, eh? Yet it can change Fedora for the better AND make your live
easier. It also helps upstream: They can use our infrastructure, they
have access to bug reports and can publish updates easily. Clear win-win
situation and it was not hard to convince the first upstream developer
of three of my packages.

More to come and I'd like encourage other board and FESCo members and
packagers in general to do the same. Note that there is a soft path for
becoming co-maintainer outlined at
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_get_sponsored_into_the_packager_group#Becom e_a_co-maintainer

Kind regards,
Christoph