Old 04-04-2008, 11:54 PM
"Luis Villa"

Default for future reference in naming (or similar) discussions

we're in the 21st century now, we can do better than +1s

http://selectricity.org/

source available web/email/sms-based ranking-centered voting.

Not that +1s don't work, just something to keep in mind if you want
someone else to do the counting for you
Luis

Old 04-05-2008, 12:19 AM
Toshio Kuratomi

Luis Villa wrote:

we're in the 21st century now, we can do better than +1s

http://selectricity.org/

source available web/email/sms-based ranking-centered voting.

Not that +1s don't work, just something to keep in mind if you want
someone else to do the counting for you

Luis, that looks really nice. I can't seem to find source, though.
Have a pointer?

-Toshio

Old 04-05-2008, 12:53 AM
"Luis Villa"

On Fri, Apr 4, 2008 at 8:19 PM, Toshio Kuratomi <a.badger@gmail.com> wrote:

> Luis Villa wrote:
>
> > we're in the 21st century now, we can do better than +1s
> >
> > http://selectricity.org/
> >
> > source available web/email/sms-based ranking-centered voting.
> >
> > Not that +1s don't work, just something to keep in mind if you want
> > someone else to do the counting for you
> >

> Luis, that looks really nice. I can't seem to find source, though. Have a
> pointer?

The backend is here, I believe: http://rubyvote.rubyforge.org/

Not sure about the frontend code. (The primary developer is an FSF
board member, so I know it is out there somewhere

Luis

Old 04-06-2008, 11:06 PM
"Yaakov Nemoy"

On Fri, Apr 4, 2008 at 7:54 PM, Luis Villa <luis@tieguy.org> wrote:
> we're in the 21st century now, we can do better than +1s
>
> http://selectricity.org/
>
> source available web/email/sms-based ranking-centered voting.
>
> Not that +1s don't work, just something to keep in mind if you want
> someone else to do the counting for you
> Luis

+1 to that.

-Yaakov