Yesterday the Fedora Board held a weekly meeting via telephone.
Main topics were GSoC as we are looking for a volunteer, review
Board members goals and we went through a few tickets, some of
them the real old ones.
* Secretary: Jaroslav Reznik (thanks Peter for helping!!!)
* Meeting Type: Phone
== Attendees ==
* Robyn Bergeron
* Peter Robinson
* Jaroslav Reznik
* Jon Stanley
* Christoph Wickert
* Toshio Kuratomi
* Rudi Landmann
* Rex Dieter
* Guillermo Gomez
=== Absent ===
=== Regrets ===
* David Nalley
== Agenda ==
* Trademark guidelines updates
* Google Summer of Code - thoughts? Mentor org apps
due March 9, need a wrangler/leader/noisemaker
* Review of Board member goals: Rudi and David
* Ticket #130: Make the board less of a single point
of failure: https://fedorahosted.org/board/ticket/130
* Ticket #133: Fedora LTS and a single rapid release
== Meeting Notes ==
* Trademarks update
** No update at the moment
** How many people did we have last summer?
** We need someone (or more than one) who is happy to commit
for the full duration of the program
** Robyn to write blog post about needing a volunteer to wrangle
GSoC, get time estimate from Karsten by tomorrow
** Gomix will try to involve some people from rpmdev latam area
(Nushio was at GSoC last year AFAIK)
* Board Goals
** Going to write these up on:
*** Help to streamline the docs publishing process
*** Process is somewhat cumbersome
*** Multifaceted including a number of teams
*** Focusing on procedural
*** Infrastructure - hw requests, testing etc.
*** Gomix working on new docs in not english as first language,
just as a reminder on procedures for such kind of documents (as SMG).
*** Try to sponsor over the next release cycle sponsor/mentor
3 new contributors
*** Small goal due to time contraint with aim for quality
*** the question is - how to make the three different election
guidelines more streamlined, to have one common guideline
(from the Board member perspective)
*** to have someone from FESCo to cooperate on this task,
Christoph to go with FAmSCo
* Ticket #130 - The Board less of a single point of failure
** Toshio added a section on
** He's busy until March 15th, will fill it in then or
someone else can work on it first
* Ticket #133 - Fedora LTS and rolling release
** sounds like a question whether Red Hat would be interested to
** LTS for Fedora versions that will become RHEL later (but not
overlapping with RHEL?)
** What is the question to put to Red Hat?
** What would Red Hat be willing to provide towards implementing
a Fedora LTS?
*** More hardware to Fedora for hosting packages, building, etc?
*** More infrastructure system admins to maintain the hardware?
*** Pay engineers to work on their packages throughout the
lifecycle of the LTS?
* Ticket #80 - Ways to improve Board Q&A
* Ticket #89 - Discuss possible support burden from Fedora Remixes
** very old ticket, close and ask Jóhann for more input
* There are several TM tickets
* https://fedorahosted.org/board/ticket/117 - Suggestion regarding
to Fedora on Launchpad.net
** Christoph to take the ticket to contact Launchpad again to clarify
the use of it
* https://fedorahosted.org/board/ticket/83 - revisit updates vision
** the idea was to revisit update vision language after a release/two
(how does it work)
** "... only fix bugs and security issues" language, reported by Rex
=== Open Floor ===
* CoC enforcement
** open ended to be flexible, case by case
* Robyn will be gone for next week's IRC meeting
** Jaroslav Reznik will run next week's IRC meeting
* Toshio will be gone for the next two weeks
== Next Meeting ==
Next meeting will be IRC on 2012-Mar-07 at 18:30UTC.
advisory-board mailing list