-   -   Fedora Engineering "Open House" IRC Meeting - Thursday, February 23, 2012 - 1800 UTC (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-advisory-board/635467-fedora-engineering-open-house-irc-meeting-thursday-february-23-2012-1800-utc.html)

Tom Callaway 02-20-2012 07:24 PM

Fedora Engineering "Open House" IRC Meeting - Thursday, February 23, 2012 - 1800 UTC

Apologies in advance for the wide distribution of this message.

The Fedora Engineering team is holding an "Open House" IRC meeting on
Thursday, February 23, 2012 at 18:00 UTC (12:00 PM EST). This will be a
moderated meeting in which we will briefly present the upcoming projects
for the Fedora Engineering team, then take questions, suggestions, and
feedback from the Fedora Community. The meeting will take place in
#fedora-meeting on irc.freenode.net, and it will be logged.

We will be following the Fedora Meeting Protocol, which is documented
here: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_use_IRC#Meeting_Protocol

In case you have not heard of Fedora Engineering, the short answer is
that we are the team at Red Hat made up of people who work full-time on
improving Fedora and ensuring it has a robust and useful infrastructure.

The longer answer can be found here:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_Engineering

Our proposed projects and goals for the next year are documented here:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_Engineering/FY13_Plan

In the spirit of transparency and community, we would like to encourage
all Fedora community members (whether users, testers, writers, artists,
translators, ambassadors, packagers, or any other type of contributor)
to come and meet the team and learn about our plans for the next year.

Thanks,

Tom Callaway
Fedora Engineering Manager