Old 02-19-2012, 06:47 PM
Thorsten Leemhuis

Default Tying threads together.

On 19.02.2012 18:35, Robyn Bergeron wrote:
> On 02/17/2012 01:34 PM, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
>
> Even experienced contributors that use the wiki search sometimes want to
> chew off their hands and cry. (I know myself that I usually prefer
> using google to search for things on the wiki rather than using the wiki
> search.)

Same here :-)

> [...]
>> And it would make clear which pages are good for translation (those
>> targeting users) and which not (most of those that are for developers
>> I'd say). Outdated translations of contributors docs is something that
>> confused me a few times already and one of the reasons why I wrote this
>> mail. Because just today a colleague of mine got confused because this
>> wiki change
>> https://fedoraproject.org/w/index.php?title=Features%2FF17BtrfsDefaultFs&actio n=historysubmit&diff=270634&oldid=268782
>> was not yet transferred to
>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/F17BtrfsDefaultFs/it
> That one is probably on me [...]

Sorry, no, that's not how I meant it. People that change English
"master" documents can not be expected to fix all the translations at
the same time, as that often would simply be impossible and mean a lot
of work.

What I wanted to say: This particular page IMHO should not be translated
at all. It's mainly for developers and we expect them to understand
English in a lot of different places anyway. It's similar with official
docs like the PackagingGuidlines: They get changed now and then and some
of the words were chose carefully; translating them would make things
worse afaics.

CU
knurd