Old 02-10-2012, 08:06 AM
Pierre-Yves Chibon

Default First use of Infinity Logo

On Fri, 2012-02-10 at 09:57 +0100, Christoph Wickert wrote:

> Am Donnerstag, den 09.02.2012, 17:03 -0800 schrieb Max Spevack:
> > More:
> >
> > The first release of Fedora that made use of the current logo was
> Fedora
> > Core 5, which had its final release on March 20, 2006.
> >
> > The logo would have also been in the pre-release versions of Fedora
> Core
> > 5, in the time leading up. Someone could go through and figure out
> > exactly which RPM first contained the new logo, and the date on
> which
> > that RPM was first made available, if necessary.
>
> The logo is contained in the fedora-logos package.

The changelog mentions:
* Thu Nov 10 2005 John (J5) Palmieri <johnp@redhat.com> - 1.1.32-1
- Add new fedora logos to pixmap and icons/hicolor

That would fit with the timeline. If we still have access to the csv
information (and if we were using it back then) maybe we can dig up some
more.

Pierre

Old 02-10-2012, 12:46 PM
Pam Chestek

On 2/10/2012 4:06 AM, Pierre-Yves Chibon wrote:
> The changelog mentions:
> * Thu Nov 10 2005 John (J5) Palmieri <johnp@redhat.com> - 1.1.32-1
> - Add new fedora logos to pixmap and icons/hicolor
>
> That would fit with the timeline. If we still have access to the csv
> information (and if we were using it back then) maybe we can dig up some
> more.
So if I read the Fedora history page right, would have been included in
Test 1 of Fedora Core 5, which was available on November 23, 2005 on a
fedoraproject.org server?

But we're not sure whether the server was in NC or AZ on that date?
(That's ok, we can cope with that.)

Thanks all for your help,

Pam

Old 02-10-2012, 05:22 PM
Pam Chestek

On 2/10/2012 8:46 AM, Pam Chestek wrote:
> On 2/10/2012 4:06 AM, Pierre-Yves Chibon wrote:
>> The changelog mentions:
>> * Thu Nov 10 2005 John (J5) Palmieri <johnp@redhat.com> - 1.1.32-1
>> - Add new fedora logos to pixmap and icons/hicolor
>>
>> That would fit with the timeline. If we still have access to the csv
>> information (and if we were using it back then) maybe we can dig up some
>> more.
> So if I read the Fedora history page right, would have been included in
> Test 1 of Fedora Core 5, which was available on November 23, 2005 on a
> fedoraproject.org server?
>
> But we're not sure whether the server was in NC or AZ on that date?
> (That's ok, we can cope with that.)
>
> Thanks all for your help,
>
> Pam
I just wanted to say you guys all rock. I have what I need, thank you
so much.

Pam