Old 02-02-2012, 08:32 AM
Peter Robinson

Default Peter's 2012 Goal

Hi All,

I forgot to send this before I went to sleep last night.

This isn't too long as it's still being fleshed out in my mind, and in
actual practice.

Short: Progress the ARM architecture to Primary Arch

Longer:

The ARM processor platform is becoming large with devices from SSDs
through to servers now available running the device. There's is now
and will continue to increase a large range of devices running on ARM
from the XO laptop, tablets, smart books, smart tops, servers, compute
nodes, TVs, STBs etc. I strongly believe that Fedora needs to support
this architecture to remain relevant and allow us to bring our project
to an enlarged audience of millions.

There's a lot of things completely undefined in promoting a new
architecture so I plan to work with the ARM SIG to define those
processes and generally move the project forward.

This will also assist with secondary architecture processes and tools.

Peter