Old 02-01-2012, 05:50 PM
Guillermo Gómez

Default Gomix, My Board member tasks/goals

Time for me to express my tasks and goals as a Board member.

Motivation, for none is a secret that i'm biased on the language
issues we have in a project such as Fedora, then, my tasks are
language oriented, i'm talking about spanish. Main high barriers i'll
we be challenging are:

1. Teaching, easying, mentoring and sponsoring new Fedora packagers
** Basically it means drive rpmdev latam RPM branch (not limited to it)
** Doubling the actual figures of rpmdev graduates (goal => from 11 to 22 )
** Become a packaging sponsor or find other candidates to achieve
further autonomy

2. Teaching, easying, mentoring and coauthoring new docs for Fedora
Documentation Projects
** Castillian as the native lang for it as it is actually for Software
Management Guide (SMG)
** Basically it means drive rpmdev latam DOC branch
** Double the actual quantity (goal => from 1 to 2)
** Fedora Robotics Guide (Valentin Basel main author)
** Keep maintaining SMG for another year minimun

3. Teaching, easying, mentoring and codevel a new sw development for Fedora
** Drive rpmdev latam DEV branch
** Software incubator for latam developers
** Ruby and/or Python, Webapps as a possible focus
** A Webapp for Fedora
** Gamification to make it fun
** Goal => 1 succesfully developed and deployable app

All these three banches are driven by the language, Castillian and
Portuguese since LATAM includes Brazil, but im personally focus on
what i can write well, Castillian.

I know i can't reach those goals without contributors, but RPMDev
LATAM already has a healthy committed group of them, i count on them,
the list with no order at all follows (my most sincere thanks to them
and please forgive me if i'm missing you):

# Daniel Bruno
# Domingo Becker
# Alejandro Pérez
# Abdel Martínez