Old 01-28-2012, 01:33 AM
Max Spevack

Default Fedora Torrent seeder plans and future

1) Fedora uses closed sourced torrent server for ipv6 and other options.

Dennis, Robyn, and I have had an initial conversation about the work
that would be required to get Fedora and EPEL repositories in S3, so
they can be available for Fedora instances or EPEL-compatible EC2
instances, but we haven't done anything other than just talk so far.

S3 also serves as a torrent seeder, though that is a separate and
distinct use case from repositories and I'm not sure whether or not it's
something Fedora Infrastructure would want to consider.

But I do wonder what the best Fedora sub-project is to continue the
discussion of how to make S3 a part of mirror manager -- is that
Infrastructure or Cloud SIG?

--Max

Old 01-28-2012, 04:20 PM
Kevin Fenzi

On Fri, 27 Jan 2012 18:33:03 -0800 (PST)
Max Spevack <mspevack@fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> > 1) Fedora uses closed sourced torrent server for ipv6 and other
> > options.
>
> Dennis, Robyn, and I have had an initial conversation about the work
> that would be required to get Fedora and EPEL repositories in S3, so
> they can be available for Fedora instances or EPEL-compatible EC2
> instances, but we haven't done anything other than just talk so far.
>
> S3 also serves as a torrent seeder, though that is a separate and
> distinct use case from repositories and I'm not sure whether or not
> it's something Fedora Infrastructure would want to consider.
>
> But I do wonder what the best Fedora sub-project is to continue the
> discussion of how to make S3 a part of mirror manager -- is that
> Infrastructure or Cloud SIG?

I'd at least pull Matt Domsch (our mirrormanager author) into the mix.

kevin

Old 01-28-2012, 04:38 PM
Frank Murphy