Please don't forget the goals set in 2011
I still think these goals are really important and hope that at least
some of them are championed by members of the current board.
For the sake of convenience, they are:
1) Improve and simplify collaboration in the Fedora Community
2) Improve and encourage high-quality communication in the Fedora
3) It is extraordinarily easy to join the Fedora community and quickly
find a project to work on.
4) Expand global presence of Fedora among users & contributors
5) Improve education & skill sharing in community
Some specific problems cited by FESCO and the Board at the time (which
are still quite relevant) are:
- Mailing list communication is a mess
- Fedora Classroom needs more leadership / publicity
- It's really hard to get started
I believe deeply that fixing mailing lists is going to have a lot of
far-reaching positive effects and I really hope that a board member
takes this issue on to champion in 2012.
advisory-board mailing list