-   -   Board Meeting @ FUDCon (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-advisory-board/617607-board-meeting-fudcon.html)

Robyn Bergeron 01-05-2012 04:59 PM

Board Meeting @ FUDCon

Are y'all planning on having a face to face meeting at FUDCon, and if
so, what day/time is that planned for?

-Robyn

Robyn Bergeron 01-05-2012 05:01 PM

Board Meeting @ FUDCon

On 01/05/2012 10:59 AM, Robyn Bergeron wrote:
Are y'all planning on having a face to face meeting at FUDCon, and if
so, what day/time is that planned for?

Planned topics would be good to see as well for people who might want to
participate in those discussions.

-Robyn

Abe Daniels 01-05-2012 05:16 PM

Board Meeting @ FUDCon

What can I do to help?

Are y'all planning on having a face to face meeting at FUDCon, and if so, what day/time is that planned for?

Planned topics would be good to see as well for people who might want to participate in those discussions.

-Robyn

Abe Daniels
President
Business Development
Tight Line Marketing LLC
4800 N Federal Hwy
Bldg A Suite 100
Boca Raton, FL 33431
mobile 954-709-3171
office 561-939-8069
fax 866-233-9511

www.tightlinemarketing.com
abe@tightlinemarketing.com

Toshio Kuratomi 01-05-2012 06:03 PM

Board Meeting @ FUDCon

On Thu, Jan 05, 2012 at 11:01:35AM -0700, Robyn Bergeron wrote:
> On 01/05/2012 10:59 AM, Robyn Bergeron wrote:
> >Are y'all planning on having a face to face meeting at FUDCon, and
> >if so, what day/time is that planned for?
> >
> Planned topics would be good to see as well for people who might want
> to participate in those discussions.

There is. jsmith had started an agenda for this but I don't seem to be able
to find a link to it at the moment.

-Toshio

Robyn Bergeron 01-05-2012 06:33 PM

Board Meeting @ FUDCon

On 01/05/2012 12:03 PM, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:

On Thu, Jan 05, 2012 at 11:01:35AM -0700, Robyn Bergeron wrote:

On 01/05/2012 10:59 AM, Robyn Bergeron wrote:

Are y'all planning on having a face to face meeting at FUDCon, and
if so, what day/time is that planned for?

Planned topics would be good to see as well for people who might want
to participate in those discussions.

There is. jsmith had started an agenda for this but I don't seem to be able
to find a link to it at the moment.

I think it would be dandy if we could align those topics with some
time slots and get them on the workshop/hackfest schedule ASAP for
people to plan around. :)

-Toshio

Abe Daniels 01-05-2012 06:42 PM

Board Meeting @ FUDCon

Keep me posted.

"Jared K. Smith" 01-05-2012 06:58 PM

Board Meeting @ FUDCon

On Thu, Jan 5, 2012 at 2:03 PM, Toshio Kuratomi <a.badger@gmail.com> wrote:
> There is. *jsmith had started an agenda for this but I don't seem to be able
> to find a link to it at the moment.

Funny, I thought I had too -- but I can't find it at the moment either.

I propose that we have a couple-hour session on Friday afternoon to
discuss the following:

A) Retrospective of the Board's work over the past year
B) Discussion on how to start moving from the strategic goals we've
set to tactical changes that make a difference
C) Are there any strategic/governance/policy shifts we should make in
the next year?

It might even make sense to split this up into a couple of different
sessions. Perhaps one Friday afternoon, and another on Sunday
morning? Would the Board find any value in having one for just Board
members and another more open to all participants?

I know that not all of our Board members are able to make it to FUDCon
NA -- we'll try to have either a conference call and gobby or IRC
available for those who aren't able to make it.

--
Jared Smith
Fedora Project Leader

Robyn Bergeron 01-05-2012 07:11 PM

Board Meeting @ FUDCon

On 01/05/2012 12:58 PM, Jared K. Smith wrote:

[...]

I think that other participants would find value in the latter,
particularly on B and C, not that I'm speaking at least for myself here :)

"Paul W. Frields" 01-06-2012 12:49 PM

Board Meeting @ FUDCon

On Thu, Jan 05, 2012 at 01:11:27PM -0700, Robyn Bergeron wrote:
> On 01/05/2012 12:58 PM, Jared K. Smith wrote:
> >On Thu, Jan 5, 2012 at 2:03 PM, Toshio Kuratomi<a.badger@gmail.com> wrote:
> >>There is. jsmith had started an agenda for this but I don't seem to be able
> >>to find a link to it at the moment.
> >Funny, I thought I had too -- but I can't find it at the moment either.
> >
> >I propose that we have a couple-hour session on Friday afternoon to
> >discuss the following:
> >
> >A) Retrospective of the Board's work over the past year
> >B) Discussion on how to start moving from the strategic goals we've
> >set to tactical changes that make a difference
> >C) Are there any strategic/governance/policy shifts we should make in
> >the next year?
> >
> >It might even make sense to split this up into a couple of different
> >sessions. Perhaps one Friday afternoon, and another on Sunday
> >morning? Would the Board find any value in having one for just Board
> >members and another more open to all participants?
> I think that other participants would find value in the latter,
> particularly on B and C, not that I'm speaking at least for myself
> here :)

FYI, the Insight team has a hackfest going on Sunday morning where we
want to do some user-driven design for the calendar solution the team
wants to create. I believe we invited participation from rbergeron +
jsmith among others. I'm not sure if any other Board members were
planning on being there, although certainly it's open to anyone. Just
putting that out there to factor into scheduling.

Robyn Bergeron 01-10-2012 08:22 PM

Board Meeting @ FUDCon

On Fri, Jan 6, 2012 at 6:49 AM, Paul W. Frields <stickster@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 05, 2012 at 01:11:27PM -0700, Robyn Bergeron wrote:
>> >Funny, I thought I had too -- but I can't find it at the moment either.
>> >
>> >I propose that we have a couple-hour session on Friday afternoon to
>> >discuss the following:
>> >
>> >A) Retrospective of the Board's work over the past year
>> >B) Discussion on how to start moving from the strategic goals we've
>> >set to tactical changes that make a difference
>> >C) Are there any strategic/governance/policy shifts we should make in
>> >the next year?
>> >
>> >It might even make sense to split this up into a couple of different
>> >sessions. *Perhaps one Friday afternoon, and another on Sunday
>> >morning? *Would the Board find any value in having one for just Board
>> >members and another more open to all participants?
>> I think that other participants would find value in the latter,
>> particularly on B and C, not that I'm speaking at least for myself
>> here :)
>
> FYI, the Insight team has a hackfest going on Sunday morning where we
> want to do some user-driven design for the calendar solution the team
> wants to create. *I believe we invited participation from rbergeron +
> jsmith among others. *I'm not sure if any other Board members were
> planning on being there, although certainly it's open to anyone. *Just
> putting that out there to factor into scheduling.

What is the final scoop on board plans at FUDCon? I see an hour
session which may be intended to cover what's listed above, though I
have srs doubts about being able to really accomplish a lot in an
hour, and it's not really clear if that session is open to
participation from others or is a closed session.

-r