Old 03-28-2008, 06:36 PM
John Poelstra

Default Fedora Board Recap 2008-MAR-25

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Board/Meetings/2008-03-25

== Roll Call ==

Attendees: Paul Frields, Jef Spaleta, Steve Dickson, Seth Vidal, Karsten
Wade, Bill Nottingham, Matt Domsch, Dennis Gilmore, John Poelstra, Chris
Aillon

Regrets: Bob McWirther

== Followup to Previous Business ==

=== fedoraproject.org mail (2008-01-29) ===
* Take steps to approach changes that were requested in the past
* Could we create a better start and search page for Fedora mailing list?
* ACTION: check back on status in one month
* OWNER: Dennis Gilmore
* 'FOLLOWUP 2008-02-26'
* Dennis has spoken with some people inside RHT IS
* should have no issues making a fedora branded interface to Red
Hats mailman instance and having a @fedoraproject.org alias for fedora lists

* existing lists will stay where they are
* could migrate all mailing lists to fedoraproject.org in time time
if so desired

* driving forces here is:
1. making everything run Fedora
1. break ties to RHT IS which does not make Fedora a priority
* fedoraproject.org email addresses lost four days of email a
week ago and RHT did nothing to try and remedy the problem

* 'FOLLOWUP on 2008-03-25'
* No update at this time
* OWNER: Dennis needs to sit down and work things out with Red Hat IS
* Next followup on 2008-04-29

=== Post-release updates of custom spins (2008-01-29) ===
* Should the board have to approve them?
* We will hosts as many spins as we have space for
* Need to determine the hosting requirements and limits
* How long will spins stay around?
* http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/RahulSundaram/SpinsProcess
* ACTION: Jef to review Rahul's proposal and report back to board
* OWNER: Jef Spaleta
* 'FOLLOWUP on 2008-02-12'
* Jef is waiting for feedback from Jeremy Katz on release
engineering's perspective
* Reference:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/ReleaseEngineering/Meetings/2008-feb-11
* People are still not clear on exactly what is required to create
an official "Fedora Spin"
* Need a clear list of guidelines of what a spin owner is
responsible for and what they are required to test
* Hoping a test will come from Jeremy Katz as part of feedback
from release engineering
* We are only talking about spins that use GA packages, thus testing
for GA should have given us enough comfort that risk is minimized
* We only need to be concerned with new combination of packages
that a spin would present

* ACTIONS & OWNERS:
* Paul Frields--followup with Fedora Release Engineering and QA
contingent to discuss testing requirements
* Jef Spaleta to formulate specific guidelines for review prior
to or at next board meeting (dependent on feedback from release engineering)

* 'FOLLOWUP on 2008-02-19'
* Crux of issue right now is figuring out exactly what input release
engineering is supposed to be giving

* Jef will have a writeup to the board by next meeting
* Paul will be at the Red Hat office in Westford, MA next week and
can sit down and work out any of the remaining details with Jeremy,
Jesse, Will, etc.

* 'FOLLOWUP on 2008-02-26'
* releng has created
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/JeremyKatz/SpinChecklist

* Jef has input from Rahul and plans to start writing a draft
* 'FOLLOWUP on 2008-03-04'
* Jef posting proposal to fedora-advisory-board-list:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-advisory-board/2008-March/msg00004.html

* 'FOLLOWUP on 2008-03-11'
* Jef posting updated proposal to fedora-advisory-board-list today
and ongoing discussion will continue on fedora-advisory-board-list:
*
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-advisory-board/2008-March/msg00074.html

* GOALS:
1. Solidify rest of the policy this week
1. Board to vote on proposal at next meeting
* 'FOLLOWUP on 2008-03-18'
* Jef was unable to attend today--deferred to next meeting.
* 'FOLLOWUP on 2008-03-25'
* Remaining issues to resolve before final written proposal:
1. Specifying what space (infrastructure storage) limits are
1. Need a policy decision around locally built spins from official
kickstart files from Fedora CVS (which have trademark approval)

1. Need to resolve issue with how/where source RPMS will be provided

== New Business ==

=== Trademark Licensing ===
* Legal preparing an agreement for schwag producers
* People that want to produce schwag can sign trademark licensing
agreement

* Control remains with Red Hat to review and enforce usage
* OWNER: Paul Frields
* ACTIONS:
1. Continuing to meet with Legal to review final draft
1. Work to smooth out issue of licensing trademark with custom spins

=== Fedora Accounts ===
* What are the procedures for disabling questionable Fedora accounts?
* Continue discussion at next meeting

=== IRC Meeting Next Time ===
* Channels are already setup and ready go
* Need moderator
* Administrative process outlined here:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Board/IRC

* OWNER: Paul Frields
* ACTIONS: Check with Max Spevack to see if he will be the moderator again

== Future Business ==

=== Next Meeting ===