Old 04-05-2008, 12:16 AM
"Juan M. Rodriguez"

Default naming discussion for Fedora community grid project (previously aka Fedora@Home)

+1 to Trellis and* +1 to Turbine.

2008/4/4 John Mackay <mackay3@gmail.com>:

-1 -Cointelligence

-1 -Compunity
0* -Dream
0* -Group Think
0* -Nightlife

0* -Re-Cycle

+1-REM Cycle
+1-Sandman
0* -Shepherd

+1-Sleepwalker

0* -Trellis

0* -Turbine

2008/4/4, Michael Beckwith <michael.d.beckwith@gmail.com>:

I'll thumbs up for Sleepwalker

Bryan Che wrote:

So, these are the name candidates for the Fedora community grid project:

-Cointelligence

-Compunity

-Dream

-Group Think

-Nightlife

-Re-Cycle

-REM Cycle

-Sandman

-Shepherd

-Sleepwalker

-Trellis

-Turbine

Please cast your votes for names: +1/0/-1, and then I'll tabulate and declare a winner. *The vote is open until 4/11.

Thanks,

Bryan

Bryan Che wrote:

Hi, as a follow-up to my proposal to create a Fedora community grid project (http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-advisory-board/2008-March/msg00022.html) and our discussion at fedora-advisory-board regarding naming (http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-advisory-board/2008-March/msg00100.html), I asked John Adams and some of the creative people at Red Hat to help us brainstorm names for this project. *They did a great job, and I've attached the output of their work. *Note that these names are all just suggestions and starting points for conversation.

Please provide input on names. *I'll let the conversation go for a week and then put up a consensus vote on 4/4 as to what we will name this project.

Thanks,

Bryan

~Michael

http://ridleytx.structed.net (for now)

http://michaelbox.net (eventually)

Ing. Juan M. Rodriguez Moreno

Desarrollador de Sistemas Abiertos
Sitio: www.isocron.net [En Construcción]

Old 04-06-2008, 09:33 PM
"Krzysztof Hajdamowicz"

On Fri, Apr 4, 2008 at 10:37 PM, Bryan Che <bche@redhat.com> wrote:
> So, these are the name candidates for the Fedora community grid project:
>

> -Trellis
> -Turbine

+1 Trellis
+1 Turbine (turbocharged fedora? )

--
greetings,
uosiu

Old 04-07-2008, 06:18 PM
"Jeff Spaleta"

On Sun, Apr 6, 2008 at 1:33 PM, Krzysztof Hajdamowicz
<uosiumen@gmail.com> wrote:
> +1 Turbine (turbocharged fedora? )

Fedora Concubine: Get in bed with Fedora.

-jef"4 days of curling later...I'm not sure if I hurt more from the
midnight matches...or the noon drinking"spaleta

Old 04-25-2008, 08:37 PM
John Adams

Darn ... I'm really sorry to hear that. In the future, we may want to consider narrowing down to 3-5 options, clearing them first, and opening it up for wider opinions only on the available names. Just a thought ...