Old 03-27-2008, 07:59 PM
Bryan Che

Default naming discussion for Fedora community grid project (previously aka Fedora@Home)

Hi, as a follow-up to my proposal to create a Fedora community grid
project
(http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-advisory-board/2008-March/msg00022.html)
and our discussion at fedora-advisory-board regarding naming
(http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-advisory-board/2008-March/msg00100.html),
I asked John Adams and some of the creative people at Red Hat to help us
brainstorm names for this project. They did a great job, and I've
attached the output of their work. Note that these names are all just
suggestions and starting points for conversation.

Please provide input on names. I'll let the conversation go for a week
and then put up a consensus vote on 4/4 as to what we will name this
project.

Thanks,

Bryan

Old 04-04-2008, 08:37 PM
Bryan Che

So, these are the name candidates for the Fedora community grid project:

-Cointelligence
-Compunity
-Dream
-Group Think
-Nightlife
-Re-Cycle
-REM Cycle
-Sandman
-Shepherd
-Sleepwalker
-Trellis
-Turbine

Please cast your votes for names: +1/0/-1, and then I'll tabulate and
declare a winner. The vote is open until 4/11.

Thanks,

Bryan

Old 04-04-2008, 08:50 PM
Rahul Sundaram

Bryan Che wrote:

So, these are the name candidates for the Fedora community grid project:

-Cointelligence
-Compunity
-Dream
-Group Think
-Nightlife
-Re-Cycle
-REM Cycle
-Sandman
-Shepherd
-Sleepwalker
-Trellis
-Turbine

Please cast your votes for names: +1/0/-1, and then I'll tabulate and
declare a winner. The vote is open until 4/11.

Sleepwalker gets a +1 from me.

Rahul

Old 04-04-2008, 09:46 PM
Matthew Farrellee

+1 Trellis

("Let's run our program on [Fedora] _____."
"We've too much data to process, let's use [Fedora] _____."
"Rendered on [Fedora] _____."
???)

(+0.5 Sandman aka Dream aka ...)

Old 04-04-2008, 09:49 PM
Ian Weller

So, these are the name candidates for the Fedora community grid project:

-Cointelligence

0

-Compunity

-1, sounds somewhat silly

-Dream

-1, too generic

-Group Think

-1, sounds too "1984"-ish...

-Nightlife
-Re-Cycle
-REM Cycle
-Sandman
-Shepherd
-Sleepwalker

0... I'm not much of a fan of any of the 'sleeping' ones. Sounds like we're
tired. However, they work.

-Trellis

+1

-Turbine

+1

I'm assuming we can vote for more than 1. Please note I'm not attacking
anyone specifically with the comments I have said, I just wanted to say
why I'm voting for each one.

-- ian

Old 04-04-2008, 11:06 PM
Michael Beckwith

I'll thumbs up for Sleepwalker

Bryan Che wrote:
Hi, as a follow-up to my proposal to create a Fedora community grid
project
(http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-advisory-board/2008-March/msg00022.html)
and our discussion at fedora-advisory-board regarding naming
(http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-advisory-board/2008-March/msg00100.html),
I asked John Adams and some of the creative people at Red Hat to help
us brainstorm names for this project. They did a great job, and I've
attached the output of their work. Note that these names are all
just suggestions and starting points for conversation.

Please provide input on names. I'll let the conversation go for a
week and then put up a consensus vote on 4/4 as to what we will name
this project.

Thanks,

Bryan

~Michael