Old 11-13-2011, 09:08 AM
Frank Murphy

Default Small AppScript (Unsure where to Post)

A Tangent to:
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/advisory-board/2011-November/011026.html

Beyond my coding skill or lack of.

A small appscript that would tell
a downloader in advance.
The optimal version for him.
Whether Gnome, KDE, Xfce, LXDE.
Based on CPU, Ram, HD. etc..

I suppose similar to Microsoft's
"Can you run Windows 7"

Could possibly be done without changing the default.
And something nice for the users.

Frank Murphy
UTF_8 Encoded
Friend of fedoraproject.org

Old 11-13-2011, 12:01 PM
Guillermo Gómez

On Sun, Nov 13, 2011 at 5:38 AM, Frank Murphy <frankly3d@gmail.com> wrote:
> A Tangent to:
> http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/advisory-board/2011-November/011026.html
>
> Could possibly be done without changing the default.
> And something nice for the users.

+1

We could actually gather some arch info from it to feed the former
discussion about def arch (imo the def arch is just a matter of man
power since its "just" a fedora spin, we just need to address
downloader/user needs).

--
Ing.Guillermo Gomez S.
Fedora Board Member A4