Old 11-08-2011, 08:49 PM
Toshio Kuratomi

Default Trial of recording Board Q & A in askbot

***
*** Note this is an experiment, this may not continue beyond a few meetings
***

The Board is experimenting to see if we can capture the Q&A section of the
biweekly IRC meetings in a more accessible fashion than simply having IRC
logs. This week I've entered the questions and the answers that were
discussed at the meetings into ask.fedoraproject.org. This makes the Q&A
easier to reference later and allows for further refinements to the answers
to take place outside of the meetings but took time on my part to try to
summarize everything fairly and likely in dealing with followup
answers/suggeestions/etc on ask.fedoraproject.org. Use this for now and let
us know here how useful you find it but be aware that we may or may not
continue it in the future.

http://ask.fedoraproject.org/questions/?tags=boardmeetingqa&start_over=true

-Toshio

Old 11-11-2011, 04:28 PM
Rahul Sundaram

Old 11-11-2011, 04:47 PM
inode0

On Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 11:28 AM, Rahul Sundaram <metherid@gmail.com> wrote:
> If there are feature requests, feel free to get in touch with me.
> Meanwhile, instead of asking in IRC and then copy/pasting answers, I
> would recommend that board request anyone with questions to just use Ask
> Fedora to ask the question anytime they want in the first place and then
> use a particular tag so that the board can keep an eye, discuss answers
> during the meeting or whenever they want to and then answer them. * This
> will be a far more natural way to do it.

My main concern here is that we already have a variety of ways to
communicate questions and have discussions with the board. There are
the public meetings, there is the mailing list, there is the
#fedora-advisory-board irc channel, etc.

On the one hand I see additional ways of communicating with the board
as a positive. On the other hand it also makes being aware of any such
communication just that much more difficult as we scatter such
discussions around in different places.

John