FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Redhat > Fedora Advisory Board

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 11-06-2011, 03:42 PM
inode0
 
Default Community Working Group Status

In light of a recent problem that has surfaced on another mailing list
I took a look at the CWG again this morning and I'm curious what is
the current state of this group.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Community_working_group/CoC_Enforcement

still shows up as a draft and hasn't been changed for many months now.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Community_working_group

shows a charter that expired on October 25, 2010. Is this group dead
now? Is its charter going to be renewed? Is this a current resource
for us to redirect folks to for help resolving conflicts?

Thanks,
John
_______________________________________________
advisory-board mailing list
advisory-board@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/advisory-board
 
Old 11-06-2011, 03:48 PM
inode0
 
Default Community Working Group Status

On Sun, Nov 6, 2011 at 10:42 AM, inode0 <inode0@gmail.com> wrote:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Community_working_group
>
> shows a charter that expired on October 25, 2010. Is this group dead
> now? Is its charter going to be renewed? Is this a current resource
> for us to redirect folks to for help resolving conflicts?

Oops, the charter expired October 25, 2011. Not long ago but I'm still
looking for clarification.

John
_______________________________________________
advisory-board mailing list
advisory-board@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/advisory-board
 
Old 11-06-2011, 04:37 PM
Robyn Bergeron
 
Default Community Working Group Status

On 11/06/2011 09:42 AM, inode0 wrote:
> In light of a recent problem that has surfaced on another mailing list
> I took a look at the CWG again this morning and I'm curious what is
> the current state of this group.
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Community_working_group/CoC_Enforcement
>
> still shows up as a draft and hasn't been changed for many months now.
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Community_working_group
>
> shows a charter that expired on October 25, 2010. Is this group dead
> now? Is its charter going to be renewed? Is this a current resource
> for us to redirect folks to for help resolving conflicts?
Not really, no idea, but I think it's still perfectly fine to refer to /
consult that group. (I personally would really not like it to be a giant
bureaucratic process to "renew the charter" and all that.)

Our meetings were always fairly ad-hoc/on-demand/situation-based; if
there's a situation, feel free to mail the list or consult one of the
members.



> Thanks,
> John
> _______________________________________________
> advisory-board mailing list
> advisory-board@lists.fedoraproject.org
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/advisory-board

_______________________________________________
advisory-board mailing list
advisory-board@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/advisory-board
 
Old 11-06-2011, 08:24 PM
Kevin Fenzi
 
Default Community Working Group Status

On Sun, 6 Nov 2011 10:48:09 -0600
inode0 <inode0@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 6, 2011 at 10:42 AM, inode0 <inode0@gmail.com> wrote:
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Community_working_group
> >
> > shows a charter that expired on October 25, 2010. Is this group dead
> > now? Is its charter going to be renewed? Is this a current resource
> > for us to redirect folks to for help resolving conflicts?
>
> Oops, the charter expired October 25, 2011. Not long ago but I'm still
> looking for clarification.

Yeah, CWG hasn't really done anything in a while... everyone on it has
been busy I suspect and not much looked pending.

Speaking for myself only:

I'd like to see the Board finish tweaking or collecting input on the
code of conduct, approve it (or drop it) and announce it.

If a CWG seems like something the Board wishes to have around longer
term, I'd suggest they discuss how to populate it, and what it's duties
are.

They did agree that it's not to do enforcement, thats for the
Board, but they could do mediation or proactive things around the
community (best practices guides, pointers to people in the community
how better to get along, etc). Or the Board could work on those things
themselves directly.

kevin
_______________________________________________
advisory-board mailing list
advisory-board@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/advisory-board
 
Old 11-07-2011, 12:18 AM
Toshio Kuratomi
 
Default Community Working Group Status

On Sun, Nov 06, 2011 at 02:24:58PM -0700, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> On Sun, 6 Nov 2011 10:48:09 -0600
> inode0 <inode0@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Sun, Nov 6, 2011 at 10:42 AM, inode0 <inode0@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Community_working_group
> > >
> > > shows a charter that expired on October 25, 2010. Is this group dead
> > > now? Is its charter going to be renewed? Is this a current resource
> > > for us to redirect folks to for help resolving conflicts?
> >
> > Oops, the charter expired October 25, 2011. Not long ago but I'm still
> > looking for clarification.
>
> Yeah, CWG hasn't really done anything in a while... everyone on it has
> been busy I suspect and not much looked pending.
>
> Speaking for myself only:
>
> I'd like to see the Board finish tweaking or collecting input on the
> code of conduct, approve it (or drop it) and announce it.
>
I thought we had approved it... Perhaps we did and forgot the announcement
step or perhaps there were outstanding issues and we all forgot where we
were at. I see that rbergeron has a ticket open -- I've assigned myself to it
and I'll make sure we finalize this (or figure out why it's not finalized)
at our next meeting.


> If a CWG seems like something the Board wishes to have around longer
> term, I'd suggest they discuss how to populate it, and what it's duties
> are.
>
> They did agree that it's not to do enforcement, thats for the
> Board, but they could do mediation or proactive things around the
> community (best practices guides, pointers to people in the community
> how better to get along, etc). Or the Board could work on those things
> themselves directly.
>
That paragraph pretty much sums up what I'd love to see the CWG doing.
I think that when the Board last discussed the CWG there was a lot of
misunderstanding about what the future of the CWG was and we never got
to talking about anything beyond trying to clear that up.

If the CWG members would like to work on the things listed in the above
paragraph, I think Rex and I would be happy to push for whatever blessing
they think is necessary from the Board.

-Toshio
_______________________________________________
advisory-board mailing list
advisory-board@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/advisory-board
 
Old 11-08-2011, 07:30 PM
Toshio Kuratomi
 
Default Community Working Group Status

On Sun, Nov 06, 2011 at 10:42:54AM -0600, inode0 wrote:
> In light of a recent problem that has surfaced on another mailing list
> I took a look at the CWG again this morning and I'm curious what is
> the current state of this group.
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Community_working_group/CoC_Enforcement
>
> still shows up as a draft and hasn't been changed for many months now.
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Community_working_group
>
This part has now been fixed. An announcement is waiting in the
devel-announce moderator queue.

For those who are just following this thread, these documents were approved
on the May 10th meeting of the Board but we (the Board) failed to remove
draft status from them. After confirming that this was just an oversight
via today's meeting and in the Board ticketting system I removed draft
status and sent the announcement.

-Toshio
_______________________________________________
advisory-board mailing list
advisory-board@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/advisory-board
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 01:21 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org