Old 11-01-2011, 06:15 PM
Ruediger Landmann

Default Fedora Board Recap 2011-11-01

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Meeting:Board_meeting_2011-11-01

* Secretary: Rudi Landmann
* Meeting type: Phone

== Attendence ==
=== Present ===
* Toshio Kuratomi
* Rex Dieter
* David Nalley
* Rudi Landmann
* Jaroslav Reznik
* Jon Stanley (late)
* Tom Callaway (invited guest)

=== Not present ===
* Guillermo Gómez
* Peter Robinson
* Joerg Simon

=== Regards ===
* Jared Smith (headed to FUDcon Pune)

== Agenda ==
* Updates
* Board business

==Updates==
Trademark approval was granted to the Scientific spin and Robotics spin
(118, 119)

==Board business==
* We will close four tickets where we haven't heard from the requesters
for over a year. ke4qqq updated each ticket to give requesters one more
week to respond: 73, 74, 75, 77/85 (85 contains current action for 77)
* We're going to try to transcribe Q & A to ask.fedoraproject.org
(toshio will take on this role for now) to see if this is useful or not.
After a few meetings we'll re-evaluate to see if we want to continue or
not. (80)
* jstanley to look at using Fedora's limesurvey account for an annual
user survey (84)
* ke4qqq to move old board blog content to wiki (92)
* the board declined to dictate what images should ship in the generic
logos package (115)

===Issues already resolved===
* web redesign is complete (61)
* guidelines already in place for security tools with high potential for
misuse -- spot (86)
* oVirt node spin request retracted (111)

===Issues identified for further consideration or investigation===
* Is anything specific still needed for anthropology report? (question
for jsmith) (79)
* How specific should the language of the vision statement be? Some
folks will likely read it as binding, whether that's intended or not (83)

== Other Notes ==
* Next Board meeting will be a public IRC meeting on Tuesday, November
8th at 16:00 UTC

Old 11-01-2011, 07:08 PM
Toshio Kuratomi

On Wed, Nov 02, 2011 at 05:15:56AM +1000, Ruediger Landmann wrote:

> ===Issues identified for further consideration or investigation===
> * How specific should the language of the vision statement be? Some
> folks will likely read it as binding, whether that's intended or not (83)

To explain this a bit more:

* We're referring to the Updates Vision Statement here.
* Some folks outside of the Board read it as binding but the Board members
would rather maintainers read it as guidance for how they should act.
Our task is to make that distinction in the wording of the Vision.

-Toshio