Old 10-11-2011, 05:46 PM
Ted Toth

Default custom distro initrd.img

I'm using pungi to spin a custom distro iso. This works without issue
on Fedora 10 and now I'm updating to RHEL 6. The current issue I'm
having is that after the install a boot from the hard drive fails in
dracut with an error message "no root device
block:/dev/mapper/vg_jwss-lv_root". Rebooting with the rdshell kernel
option and trying to investigate I've found that lvm isn't there so
I'm wondering about how the initrd.img is being built. How does dracut
decide what utilities to build into initrd.img? I've looked for docs
on dracut but not found much.

Ted