Old 09-13-2011, 01:49 PM
"Jared K. Smith"

Default Fedora 17 Release Naming: Nominations are now open!

It is once again time to choose the release name for the next Fedora
release. Potential names will be accepted for consideration beginning
September 13th (in other words, NOW) through September 10. Please
submit your best ideas to the Fedora wiki at the address below:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Name_suggestions_for_Fedora_17

Please note that you *must* follow the instructions and guidelines at
the page listed above if you want your name to be considered. For
instance, there must be an "is-a" link between the name Verne (from
Fedora 16) and the name you suggest. That link must be different than
previous links for Fedora release names. Also, we ask that you please
conduct the required searches for brand and trademark names that might
cause us problems.

Read the full guidelines at the wiki page listed above, where you can
also find full schedule details for the release naming process.

For those of you interested in reviewing the history of Fedora release
names, there is an appropriately named wiki page for doing so at
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/History_of_Fedora_release_names

Please try to pick a name that is fun and creative. Don't delay... do
it today! We all want an awesome name for Fedora 17!

--
Jared Smith
Fedora Project Leader

Old 09-13-2011, 01:51 PM
Buddhika Kurera

Hello,
Start - 13th SepClosing Date - ?????*

release. *Potential names will be accepted for consideration beginning

September 13th (in other words, NOW) through September 10. *
--
Regards,Buddhike Chandradeepa Kurera(bckurera)Fedora Ambassador Sri Lanka
Event*Liaison*- Design Team

Old 09-13-2011, 01:55 PM
Richard Shaw

On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 8:51 AM, Buddhika Kurera
<bckurera@fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Hello,
> Start - 13th Sep
> Closing Date - ?????

Sep 20th. it was a typo.

On a happy note, it looks like the new name will be announced on my birthday!

Richard

Old 09-13-2011, 02:10 PM
"Jared K. Smith"

On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 9:49 AM, Jared K. Smith
<jsmith@fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> It is once again time to choose the release name for the next Fedora
> release. *Potential names will be accepted for consideration beginning
> September 13th (in other words, NOW) through September 10.

Sorry for the typo there... that should read "through September 20."

--
Jared Smith
Fedora Project Leader

Old 09-13-2011, 02:10 PM