-   -   Fedora Board Elections (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-advisory-board/5489-fedora-board-elections.html)

Max Spevack 11-26-2007 03:31 PM

Fedora Board Elections

As you all know, the Fedora Board consists of 9 seats -- 5 appointed by
Red Hat and 4 elected by the community.

After Fedora 7's release, 6 of those 9 seats rotated -- 3 appointed and
3 elected.

Now that Fedora 8 has been released, the other 3 seats need to rotate --
2 of the appointed ones, and 1 elected seat.

Bill Nottingham is going to remain on the Fedora Board in an appointed
seat. The second appointment will be made soon -- Chris Blizzard has
stepped aside from the Fedora Board, and we are looking at a couple of
different ideas for his seat.

We only have 1 elected seat open this time around, but I wanted to kick
off the process for filling it.

Last time, the community elected Dennis Gilmore, Jef Spaleta, and Chris
Aillon to the Fedora Board -- all superb choices.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Board/Elections

The URL above contains all the necessary information. Nominations are
open until December 6th.

Thanks,
Max

Max Spevack 11-26-2007 04:24 PM

Fedora Board Elections

Now that Fedora 8 has been released, the other 3 seats need to rotate
-- 2 of the appointed ones, and 1 elected seat.

We will try to balance this out at 2/2 in the future -- Seth's hire and
transfer from elected to appointed seat messed up the spacing a little
bit.

--Max

Matt Domsch 11-26-2007 05:11 PM

Fedora Board Elections

On Mon, Nov 26, 2007 at 11:31:26AM -0500, Max Spevack wrote:
> As you all know, the Fedora Board consists of 9 seats -- 5 appointed by
> Red Hat and 4 elected by the community.
>
> After Fedora 7's release, 6 of those 9 seats rotated -- 3 appointed and
> 3 elected.
>
> Now that Fedora 8 has been released, the other 3 seats need to rotate --
> 2 of the appointed ones, and 1 elected seat.
>
> Bill Nottingham is going to remain on the Fedora Board in an appointed
> seat. The second appointment will be made soon -- Chris Blizzard has
> stepped aside from the Fedora Board, and we are looking at a couple of
> different ideas for his seat.
>
> We only have 1 elected seat open this time around, but I wanted to kick
> off the process for filling it.

FWIW, I'm currently occupying this seat, and will stand for
re-election, but would be quite happy to see additional candidates.

I've updated http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Board/Elections/Nominations.

Thanks,
Matt