-   -   Community domain question (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-advisory-board/538835-community-domain-question.html)

Goran Rakic 06-12-2011 10:12 PM

Community domain question

Hi all,

Is it possible to use ISO 639-1 language code instead of ISO-3166
country code for the *.fedoracommunity.org subdomain?

Kind regards,
Goran Rakic

Ed Greshko 06-12-2011 10:42 PM

Community domain question

On 06/13/2011 06:12 AM, Goran Rakic wrote:
> Is it possible to use ISO 639-1 language code instead of ISO-3166
> country code for the *.fedoracommunity.org subdomain?

What would be the value in making the move?

I don't know about where you live, but some folks here like the
distinction between zh-TW an zh-CN.

Goran Rakic 06-12-2011 10:49 PM

Community domain question

У пон, 13. 06 2011. у 06:42 +0800, Ed Greshko пише:
> What would be the value in making the move?
>
> I don't know about where you live, but some folks here like the
> distinction between zh-TW an zh-CN.

It makes more sense to have a Fedora user forum in Serbian language
(language code SR) than a forum for all those users living in Serbia
(country code RS).

Goran

Ed Greshko 06-12-2011 10:55 PM

Community domain question

On 06/13/2011 06:49 AM, Goran Rakic wrote:
> It makes more sense to have a Fedora user forum in Serbian language
> (language code SR) than a forum for all those users living in Serbia
> (country code RS).

I see your point... I also must admit that I got my ISO standards confused.

Stephen John Smoogen 06-12-2011 11:32 PM

Community domain question

On Sun, Jun 12, 2011 at 18:49, Goran Rakic <grakic@devbase.net> wrote:
> У пон, 13. 06 2011. у 06:42 +0800, Ed Greshko пише:
>> What would be the value in making the move?
>>
>> I don't know about where you live, but some folks here like the
>> distinction between zh-TW an zh-CN.
>
> It makes more sense to have a Fedora user forum in Serbian language
> (language code SR) than a forum for all those users living in Serbia
> (country code RS).

Didn't this come up early on in the discussions of Community. Doesn't
the naming come under the perview of Ambassador's versus the Board?

--
Stephen J Smoogen.
battle." -- Ian MacLaren