Old 06-03-2011, 04:23 PM
David Nalley

Default Elections: Notice of change in voting period and correction of eligibility for the Board election.

Hi folks,

Wanted to make you aware of a situation that was discovered last night
and responded to this morning.

A number of people caught an issue in the eligibility configuration
for voters in the Board Election. Per the Board's Succession
Planning[1] document this election is open to any person in the Fedora
Accounts System who has completed the CLA. I mistakenly configured
this election for CLA+1 which means that in addition to completing the
CLA a person would have to be a member of an additional group. Members
of the infrastructure team noted this and created a ticket in the
Board's trac system late last night (no link as it's not visible to
non-board members). That mis-configuration has now been corrected, and
to ensure that we have not unduly disenfranchised any potential
voters, the Board election period only has been extended by 24 hours
from 08 June 23:59:59 to 09 June 23:59:59. Please note that the
election period for the FESCo election remains unchanged.

I apologize for mis-configuring the election app, and thank the
vigilant members of our community and infrastructure team who caught
the issue so early in the process and helped to correct the problem in
a timely manner.

[1]https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Board/SuccessionPlanning

Thanks,

David Nalley

Old 06-03-2011, 05:26 PM
Richard Fontana

On Fri, Jun 03, 2011 at 12:23:59PM -0400, David Nalley wrote:
> A number of people caught an issue in the eligibility configuration
> for voters in the Board Election. Per the Board's Succession
> Planning[1] document this election is open to any person in the Fedora
> Accounts System who has completed the CLA.

Just a nonsubstantive issue of terminology: there is no more CLA. We
should not refer to the FPCA as a "CLA" since that would be inaccurate.

- RF

Old 06-03-2011, 05:31 PM
Bruno Wolff III

On Fri, Jun 03, 2011 at 13:26:09 -0400,
Richard Fontana <rfontana@redhat.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 03, 2011 at 12:23:59PM -0400, David Nalley wrote:
> > A number of people caught an issue in the eligibility configuration
> > for voters in the Board Election. Per the Board's Succession
> > Planning[1] document this election is open to any person in the Fedora
> > Accounts System who has completed the CLA.
>
> Just a nonsubstantive issue of terminology: there is no more CLA. We
> should not refer to the FPCA as a "CLA" since that would be inaccurate.

Yes and no. This was referring to specific groups that people are in and
the specific groups are cla_fedora and cla_done. There is a group
cla_fpca, but we aren't ready to use it for this election. (I'm not sure
if cla_fpca is intended to just handle the transition or if it was intended to
replace cla_done.)

It may be that eventually the names of these groups should be changed, but
that should be done carefully, so as not to break things that have the
old names hardwired.

Old 06-03-2011, 05:48 PM
Richard Fontana

On Fri, Jun 03, 2011 at 12:31:10PM -0500, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 03, 2011 at 13:26:09 -0400,
> Richard Fontana <rfontana@redhat.com> wrote:
> > On Fri, Jun 03, 2011 at 12:23:59PM -0400, David Nalley wrote:
> > > A number of people caught an issue in the eligibility configuration
> > > for voters in the Board Election. Per the Board's Succession
> > > Planning[1] document this election is open to any person in the Fedora
> > > Accounts System who has completed the CLA.
> >
> > Just a nonsubstantive issue of terminology: there is no more CLA. We
> > should not refer to the FPCA as a "CLA" since that would be inaccurate.
>
> Yes and no. This was referring to specific groups that people are in and
> the specific groups are cla_fedora and cla_done. There is a group
> cla_fpca, but we aren't ready to use it for this election. (I'm not sure
> if cla_fpca is intended to just handle the transition or if it was intended to
> replace cla_done.)

Ah, I see. OK.
- RF