Old 05-12-2011, 02:44 PM
Rick Sewill

Default Could someone update/remove the webpage talking about talk.fedoraproject.org please?

I am under the impression, from URL:

https://insight.fedoraproject.org/content/kevin-fenzi-fedora-talk-first-static-
then-silence-talkfedoraprojectorg-closing-2011-05-05

talk.fedoraproject.org has been "retired".

Unfortunately, people are asking about it in users@lists.fedoraproject.org.
Please see the discussion thread, "Best FOSS alternative for skype?".
This discussion thread is meandering,
but one subthread is related to "Fedora SIP inside at FAS".

I can still do a google search and find the webpage,
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/Asterisk/Configure_voip_client
A small knit on this webpage, the ekiga example, for the screen,
"Edit account" showed the Registrar as "fedoraproject.org", but the"
text below this screen said the Registrar was "talk.fedoraproject.org".

I didn't know where to direct this message.
If this mailing list is not appropriate,
please tell me where I should send this message.

Old 05-12-2011, 02:56 PM
Kevin Fenzi

On Thu, 12 May 2011 09:44:40 -0500
Rick Sewill <rsewill@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am under the impression, from URL:
>
> https://insight.fedoraproject.org/content/kevin-fenzi-fedora-talk-first-static-
> then-silence-talkfedoraprojectorg-closing-2011-05-05
>
> talk.fedoraproject.org has been "retired".

It has been.

> Unfortunately, people are asking about it in
> users@lists.fedoraproject.org. Please see the discussion thread,
> "Best FOSS alternative for skype?". This discussion thread is
> meandering, but one subthread is related to "Fedora SIP inside at
> FAS".

Sorry, I didn't read that thread closely as it was meandering so.

> I can still do a google search and find the webpage,
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/Asterisk/Configure_voip_client
> A small knit on this webpage, the ekiga example, for the screen,
> "Edit account" showed the Registrar as "fedoraproject.org", but the"
> text below this screen said the Registrar was
> "talk.fedoraproject.org".

I'll correct that page. If you notice any others, note that it's a
wiki. Feel free to at least add a note to the top that
talk.fedoraproject.org is no more.

> I didn't know where to direct this message.
> If this mailing list is not appropriate,
> please tell me where I should send this message.

This is fine.

kevin