Old 05-08-2011, 12:23 AM
Larry Cafiero

Default Resignation from FAmSCo, Fedora Ambassadors

Dear Fedora Board members:

Tom Callaway wrote a blog post sometime in February where he said --
and I'm paraphrasing here -- that if participation in the Fedora
Project wasn't fun for someone, maybe that person should be doing
something else.

Various issues and conflicts have arisen in the last few months which
have caused my participation in the Fedora Project to not be as
enjoyable, or as personally productive and rewarding, as it has been
in the past.

While I find that unfortunate, some already know I had planned to
curtail most of my Fedora Project activities at the end of the year in
order to concentrate on more local and regional FOSS/Linux projects
going forward in 2012 and beyond.

However, I am moving that timetable up to today.

Effective immediately, I resign from the following positions I hold in
the Fedora Project:

-- Membership on the Fedora Ambassadors Steering Committee (FAmSCo); and

-- Membership in Fedora Ambassadors, including Ambassador Mentor.

I have taken the liberty of removing myself from these memberships and
others in FAS, though I am not able to remove myself from FAS
completely. I trust someone will take care of this housekeeping
matter.

On a personal note, I have learned much from my work with the Fedora
Project and will apply much of this to future endeavors; to say
nothing of how grateful I am to have worked with such excellent
people. I can only hope my contributions to Fedora have come close to
matching what I take away from the project.

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Sincerely,
Larry Cafiero

Old 05-08-2011, 01:15 AM
Igor Pires Soares

Em Sáb, 2011-05-07 às 17:23 -0700, Larry Cafiero escreveu:

> Effective immediately, I resign from the following positions I hold in
> the Fedora Project:
>
> -- Membership on the Fedora Ambassadors Steering Committee (FAmSCo); and
>
> -- Membership in Fedora Ambassadors, including Ambassador Mentor.
>
> I have taken the liberty of removing myself from these memberships and
> others in FAS, though I am not able to remove myself from FAS
> completely. I trust someone will take care of this housekeeping
> matter.
>
> On a personal note, I have learned much from my work with the Fedora
> Project and will apply much of this to future endeavors; to say
> nothing of how grateful I am to have worked with such excellent
> people. I can only hope my contributions to Fedora have come close to
> matching what I take away from the project.

I'm really sorry to read it, Larry.

I want you to know that meeting you at FUDCon Tempe was a great
experience for me. If you have learned much from your work on Fedora,
also be sure that others like me also have learned from your work.

I deeply appreciate your kindness and your consideration with all Fedora
contributors from Latin America and other regions.

Good luck on your new projects and initiatives. I wish you all the best!

Thank you for everything.

Kind regards,
--
Igor Pires Soares
Fedora Ambassador (Brazil) - Member of FAmSCo

Old 05-08-2011, 01:54 AM
Buddhika Kurera

Hello,
Thanks for everything you have done.And wish you all the best with your work.
It is sure we ll miss you.
buena suerte.

Buddhike Chandradeepa KureraFedora Ambassador - Sri Lanka

Old 05-09-2011, 11:04 PM
Pierros Papadeas

On Sat, May 7, 2011 at 8:23 PM, Larry Cafiero <larry.cafiero@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Fedora Board members:
>
> Tom Callaway wrote a blog post sometime in February where he said --
> and I'm paraphrasing here -- that if participation in the Fedora
> Project wasn't fun for someone, maybe that person should be doing
> something else.
>
> Various issues and conflicts have arisen in the last few months which
> have caused my participation in the Fedora Project to not be as
> enjoyable, or as personally productive and rewarding, as it has been
> in the past.
>
> While I find that unfortunate, some already know I had planned to
> curtail most of my Fedora Project activities at the end of the year in
> order to concentrate on more local and regional FOSS/Linux projects
> going forward in 2012 and beyond.
>
> However, I am moving that timetable up to today.
>
> Effective immediately, I resign from the following positions I hold in
> the Fedora Project:
>
> -- Membership on the Fedora Ambassadors Steering Committee (FAmSCo); and
>
> -- Membership in Fedora Ambassadors, including Ambassador Mentor.
>
> I have taken the liberty of removing myself from these memberships and
> others in FAS, though I am not able to remove myself from FAS
> completely. I trust someone will take care of this housekeeping
> matter.
>
> On a personal note, I have learned much from my work with the Fedora
> Project and will apply much of this to future endeavors; to say
> nothing of how grateful I am to have worked with such excellent
> people. I can only hope my contributions to Fedora have come close to
> matching what I take away from the project.
>
> So long, and thanks for all the fish.
>
> Sincerely,
> Larry Cafiero

That is by far the most depressing message I got from Fedora for a long while...

Good riddance Larry. I cannot express how much we will all miss you
from actively participating to Fedora.

I will be around SFO next week, I hope we can catch up for a fair-well coffee..

~p

--
Pierros Papadeas
PGP key: 0x6130DBF8

Old 05-10-2011, 01:09 AM
Pierros Papadeas

On Sat, May 7, 2011 at 8:23 PM, Larry Cafiero <larry.cafiero@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Fedora Board members:
>
> Tom Callaway wrote a blog post sometime in February where he said --
> and I'm paraphrasing here -- that if participation in the Fedora
> Project wasn't fun for someone, maybe that person should be doing
> something else.
>
> Various issues and conflicts have arisen in the last few months which
> have caused my participation in the Fedora Project to not be as
> enjoyable, or as personally productive and rewarding, as it has been
> in the past.
>
> While I find that unfortunate, some already know I had planned to
> curtail most of my Fedora Project activities at the end of the year in
> order to concentrate on more local and regional FOSS/Linux projects
> going forward in 2012 and beyond.
>
> However, I am moving that timetable up to today.
>
> Effective immediately, I resign from the following positions I hold in
> the Fedora Project:
>
> -- Membership on the Fedora Ambassadors Steering Committee (FAmSCo); and
>
> -- Membership in Fedora Ambassadors, including Ambassador Mentor.
>
> I have taken the liberty of removing myself from these memberships and
> others in FAS, though I am not able to remove myself from FAS
> completely. I trust someone will take care of this housekeeping
> matter.
>
> On a personal note, I have learned much from my work with the Fedora
> Project and will apply much of this to future endeavors; to say
> nothing of how grateful I am to have worked with such excellent
> people. I can only hope my contributions to Fedora have come close to
> matching what I take away from the project.
>
> So long, and thanks for all the fish.
>
> Sincerely,
> Larry Cafiero

After 12 (!) personal emails I realized (got told actually) that "good
riddance" is *definitely* something not good to say.
I guess you all (and especially you Larry) realize that I didn't meant
that the bad way...

Sorry for that,

Pierros (still trying to learn )

--