-   -   Fedora Education Spin / SIG (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-advisory-board/50468-fedora-education-spin-sig.html)

02-08-2008 03:44 PM

Fedora Education Spin / SIG

Hi everybody,

I am currently preparing an education spin for Fedora
(https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SebastianDziallas/Education). Recently,
I have submitted the kickstart file to release engineering. On FDL,
there is currently a discussion on forming an education SIG.

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2008-February/msg00459.html

In my opinion, a SIG would probably help to get the people together.
Jesse also said, that he would prefer an SIG rather than only a
kickstart file.

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2008-February/msg00466.html

So, what do you think about this? And if we form a SIG, how would this
work? How about posting the information for the general mission
statement and the plan of action here?

Sebastian

Greg DeKoenigsberg 02-08-2008 03:58 PM

Fedora Education Spin / SIG

I am currently preparing an education spin for Fedora
(https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SebastianDziallas/Education). Recently, I
have submitted the kickstart file to release engineering. On FDL, there is
currently a discussion on forming an education SIG.

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2008-February/msg00459.html

In my opinion, a SIG would probably help to get the people together. Jesse
also said, that he would prefer an SIG rather than only a kickstart file.

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2008-February/msg00466.html

So, what do you think about this? And if we form a SIG, how would this work?
How about posting the information for the general mission statement and the
plan of action here?

Feel free to join, and then perhaps take over, this list:

This list was originally created for this purpose, except it was based
more around the goal of integrating K12LTSP into Fedora. Warren Togami
and Eric Harrison continue to work towards that goal, but the list itself
doesn't see much traffic. So feel free to repurpose it for your use.

--g

--
Greg DeKoenigsberg
Community Development Manager