Old 02-04-2008, 04:08 AM
Axel Thimm

Default Fedora at schools

Hi,

I was looking for an "education" SIG, and all I found was a comment
that the "Education" wiki page was considered stale already a year
ago.

I'm sure there are many interested in bringing Fedora to schools,
where can I find them?

There should probably be some more education related apps imported
into Fedora and then some spins made with the hopes of some official
blessing (timeframe F10/F11). As we can see from many inquiries on
this list, there are quite a lot of minors contributing or wanting to
do so already, so let's fuel this a bit more
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net

Old 02-04-2008, 04:54 AM
"Jeff Spaleta"

On Feb 3, 2008 8:08 PM, Axel Thimm <Axel.Thimm@atrpms.net> wrote:
> I'm sure there are many interested in bringing Fedora to schools,
> where can I find them?

That's a good question... and a general question concerning any topic
where a group could organize.

> There should probably be some more education related apps imported
> into Fedora and then some spins made with the hopes of some official
> blessing (timeframe F10/F11). As we can see from many inquiries on
> this list, there are quite a lot of minors contributing or wanting to
> do so already, so let's fuel this a bit more

There was a thread or two recently on -devel-list specifically about an Ed spin.

-jef

Old 02-04-2008, 08:37 AM
Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay