Old 02-01-2008, 08:27 PM
"Karsten 'quaid' Wade"

Default One Summary outline draft

On Tue, 2008-01-29 at 18:40 -0900, Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> There's nothing specifically wrong with this... In fact Release Note
> Beat writers are essentially that coordinating SIG. The issue is, we
> need to generate beat writers in different areas. And the only way I
> can see to do that effectively is to organize a SIG for each "area"
> and have a documentor role in each SIG team. But how do we injec tt
> those people into the work flow of package related SIGs? My rainbow
> diagram tries to explain that.

That has always an integral part of the beat writer concept. We sell it
as a way to get involved in a project you are interested in, where you
may not be able to contribute code:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject/WhyJoin

This is one of the reason's I like your idea here, more and more: it is
reusing what we have been doing, finding the efficient pathways to walk
and focusing our recruiting and training on filling those pathways.

- Karsten
--
Karsten Wade, Developer Community Mgr.
Fedora : http://quaid.fedorapeople.org