Old 01-19-2008, 04:46 PM
Michael Schwendt

Default Mandatory subscriptions to a memo-list?

Are all packagers/contributors subscribed to fedora-devel-announce?
Is subscription mandatory?

IMO, the recent blow-up of rawhide has shown once more that a way to
send memos to all contributors (in this case "packagers") is needed.
Some commits to packages say "Rebuild for new glibc ABI" which clearly
is based on misunderstanding the wrong broken deps notifications. I this
case, an early memo would have saved packagers from preparing
unneeded rebuilds.

Thoughts?

Old 01-19-2008, 05:10 PM
Brian Pepple

On Sat, 2008-01-19 at 18:46 +0100, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> Are all packagers/contributors subscribed to fedora-devel-announce?
> Is subscription mandatory?

If I remember correctly packagers are automatically subscribed to the
fedora-devel-announce list, and the fedora-devel list is optional.

Later,
/B

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BrianPepple
BD5E 6F9E 8688 E668 8F5B CBDE 326A E936 810C C15E