Old 01-18-2008, 01:32 AM
Bill Nottingham

Default FUDCon/F9 survey

Old 01-18-2008, 01:57 AM
"Jeff Spaleta"

On Jan 17, 2008 5:32 PM, Bill Nottingham <notting@redhat.com> wrote:
> or 'things you'd like to see
> at FUDCon that weren't at FUDCon', etc.

Please add that question, so I can start a write-in campaign for
'robotic telescopes'.

-jef

Old 01-18-2008, 05:09 PM
Thorsten Leemhuis

On 18.01.2008 03:16, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> We have the opportunity to take an aftermarket survey of FUDCon
> attendees.

Side note: I always wondered if we should use a survey now and then to
ask all Fedora contributers for their options, if they are still happy
or what they want to see changed (I now and then in private get comments
from some long term contributers that indicate I'm not the only one who
thinks a lot of things for volunteer contributer got a lot worse over
the past 12 months [since the merge]). But that's a different topic
(albeit I think such a survey would be as important to do as this one).

> 1. Did you attend FUDCon/F9?
[...]
> o No (if NO, skip to Question #6)
[...]
> For each of the questions below, indicate on a scale of 1-5, with 1
> being not at all important and 5 being very important, how important
> each of the indicated factors was in your decision to attend FUDCon.

And how to rate them if my decision was not to attend FUDCon?

[...]

> For each of the items below, indicate on a scale of 1-5, with 1 being
> low and 5 being high, your satisfaction with each portion of the FUDCon
> event.

Similar comment there.

CU
knurd

Old 01-18-2008, 05:46 PM
"Paul W. Frields"

> > 1. Did you attend FUDCon/F9?
> [...]
> > o No (if NO, skip to Question #6)
> [...]
> > For each of the questions below, indicate on a scale of 1-5, with 1
> > being not at all important and 5 being very important, how important
> > each of the indicated factors was in your decision to attend FUDCon.
>
> And how to rate them if my decision was not to attend FUDCon?

"...decision whether to..." Point taken, thanks.

--
Paul W. Frields, RHCE http://paul.frields.org/
Fedora Project: http://pfrields.fedorapeople.org/

Old 01-19-2008, 12:07 AM
Michael Schwendt

On Fri, 18 Jan 2008 19:09:25 +0100, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:

> [...] (I now and then in private get comments
> from some long term contributers that indicate I'm not the only one who
> thinks a lot of things for volunteer contributer got a lot worse over
> the past 12 months [since the merge]).

That's normal. There are contributors (and sometimes "ordinary" Fedora
users) who hunt for committee members in private mail, looking for a
reliable person, a community representative. Sometimes they explicitly ask
to treat their letter and name confidentially. If you have seldomly
something to criticize on public communication channels, you are less
interesting or probably even uninteresting to them. Probably one can
increase the likelihood of being contacted and influence it with heavy use
of an official looking e-mail signature plus use of the fedoraproject.org
address. I don't know how you feel about it, but I didn't feel good in
such situations.

Old 01-19-2008, 08:27 AM
Thorsten Leemhuis

On 19.01.2008 02:07, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On Fri, 18 Jan 2008 19:09:25 +0100, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
>
>> [...] (I now and then in private get comments
>> from some long term contributers that indicate I'm not the only one who
>> thinks a lot of things for volunteer contributer got a lot worse over
>> the past 12 months [since the merge]).
> That's normal. There are contributors (and sometimes "ordinary" Fedora
> users) who hunt for committee members in private mail, [...]

I'm not a committee member anymore in Fedora-land (if you don't count
EPEL) and I didn't mean those mails.

I got the impression during ordinary talks with other spare time
contributers that are around in Fedora-land for some years now.

CU
knurd