Old 06-29-2010, 01:58 PM
seth vidal

Default 10 day delay on Greg's post

Hey folks,
I looked into the long delay on Greg's post. It was sent June 18th but
it got held up by mailman b/c Greg's new address @gmail.com is not
subscribed to the list. The first few posts, apparently, the list
manager approved right away but the last ones got overlooked until
today.

I have all the logs if anyone wants to see them - they aren't very
interesting though.

Anyone know who is list admin for this list?

-sv

Old 06-29-2010, 02:23 PM
"Paul W. Frields"

On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 09:58:14AM -0400, seth vidal wrote:
> Hey folks,
> I looked into the long delay on Greg's post. It was sent June 18th but
> it got held up by mailman b/c Greg's new address @gmail.com is not
> subscribed to the list. The first few posts, apparently, the list
> manager approved right away but the last ones got overlooked until
> today.
>
> I have all the logs if anyone wants to see them - they aren't very
> interesting though.
>
> Anyone know who is list admin for this list?

That would be me -- it says so at the bottom of the list page in fact:

Usually I keep up with this really well, and somehow I let these
messages just slip under my email radar in my mod folders. When I
finally ran across them this morning, it seemed wrong to throw them
away.

I should have prefaced them with context saying, "These were sent a
long time ago, and I'm letting them through not to restart the thread,
but to be transparent about what was sent originally." I have no
stake in hiding my failure in this case as a moderator. :-)

Old 06-29-2010, 03:25 PM
Stephen John Smoogen

On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 8:23 AM, Paul W. Frields <stickster@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 09:58:14AM -0400, seth vidal wrote:
>> Hey folks,
>> *I looked into the long delay on Greg's post. It was sent June 18th but
>> it got held up by mailman b/c Greg's new address @gmail.com is not
>> subscribed to the list. The first few posts, apparently, the list
>> manager approved right away but the last ones got overlooked until
>> today.
>>
>> I have all the logs if anyone wants to see them - they aren't very
>> interesting though.
>>
>> Anyone know who is list admin for this list?
>
> That would be me -- it says so at the bottom of the list page in fact:

> Usually I keep up with this really well, and somehow I let these
> messages just slip under my email radar in my mod folders. *When I
> finally ran across them this morning, it seemed wrong to throw them
> away.
>
> I should have prefaced them with context saying, "These were sent a
> long time ago, and I'm letting them through not to restart the thread,
> but to be transparent about what was sent originally." *I have no
> stake in hiding my failure in this case as a moderator. :-)

You are to report to the next board meeting for your 20 lashings. They
can be from bacon, wet noodles, or licorice strings, it is board
policy to allow you to choose.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.