Old 06-20-2010, 05:30 AM
Robyn Bergeron

Default OpenSuSE strategy.

On Sat, Jun 19, 2010 at 9:46 PM, Mike McGrath <mmcgrath@redhat.com> wrote:
> Just passing this along, we're not the only ones discussing and planning
> our future -
>
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.suse.opensuse.project/4580
>
> and
>
> http://en.opensuse.org/Documents/Strategy

We've been talking about some of this stuff on marketing-list as well -

http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/marketing/2010-May/012956.html

(that's about a month ago) .... one of the responses actually hit on
OpenOffice's strategic marketing plan as well:

http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Strategic_Marketing_Plan

More recently on fedora-mktg@ we've been discussing SWOT stuff, and
it's been particularly interesting to interact with some of the
openSUSE folks who have been chiming in on what we're talking about.
There's actually some discussion going on about things that the
various marketing teams from different distros and even projects can
collaborate on at a higher, "upstream" level (if you will) - be it
wider Linux marketing in general, talking about best practices in Open
Marketing, etc.

Excellent food for thought. Thanks for passing along

-Robyn