Old 05-14-2010, 02:49 PM
Máirín Duffy

Default #fedora-advisory-board

Hi,

I started an IRC channel #fedora-advisory-board for some real-time
discussions of the sorts of topics we discuss on this list.

I hope it's okay. I have some ideas I'd like to bounce off of folks but
I think a mailing list is an entirely inappropriate forum at this point.

Please join

~m

Old 05-14-2010, 06:19 PM
Stephen John Smoogen

2010/5/14 MáirĂ*n Duffy <duffy@fedoraproject.org>:
> Hi,
>
> I started an IRC channel #fedora-advisory-board for some real-time
> discussions of the sorts of topics we discuss on this list.
>
> I hope it's okay. I have some ideas I'd like to bounce off of folks but
> I think a mailing list is an entirely inappropriate forum at this point.
>
> Please join

Thanks mizmo.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.

Old 05-14-2010, 06:20 PM
Stephen John Smoogen

On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 12:19 PM, Stephen John Smoogen <smooge@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2010/5/14 Máirín Duffy <duffy@fedoraproject.org>:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I started an IRC channel #fedora-advisory-board for some real-time
>> discussions of the sorts of topics we discuss on this list.
>>
>> I hope it's okay. I have some ideas I'd like to bounce off of folks but
>> I think a mailing list is an entirely inappropriate forum at this point.
>>
>> Please join
>
> Thanks mizmo.

Please forgive the wasted electrons here. I meant that as a personal email.

Old 05-14-2010, 09:42 PM
Karsten Wade

On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 10:49:40AM -0400, Máirín Duffy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I started an IRC channel #fedora-advisory-board for some real-time
> discussions of the sorts of topics we discuss on this list.
>
> I hope it's okay. I have some ideas I'd like to bounce off of folks but
> I think a mailing list is an entirely inappropriate forum at this point.
>
> Please join

Mel and I discussed just this idea the other day, I'm glad you went
for it.

Mel's concern (she can speak for herself, so this is my summary, ymmv)
is that by taking discussions about community direction to one
location, we allow people to stop discussing it in all the other
locations. We take a step closer to community discussions being
Somebody Else's Problem.

I know what she means, and I hope we continue to have discussions of
this nature all over the place. But I do know that over the years, I
often have opinions, questions, and topics to discuss that aren't yet
worth the mailing list(s) and have not IRC channel to work on. This
is increasing for me as part of Red Hat's community leadership team.
I don't have enough places to discuss the /practice/ of community
leadership.

So, #fedora-advisor-board is a +1 from me with a caveat that we all
have to keep each other honest in making sure the conversation grows
to and from there, and is not stuck there.

- Karsten
--
name: Karsten 'quaid' Wade, Sr. Community Gardener
team: Red Hat Community Architecture

Old 05-14-2010, 10:30 PM
"Paul W. Frields"

On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 12:20:43PM -0600, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
> On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 12:19 PM, Stephen John Smoogen <smooge@gmail.com> wrote:
> > 2010/5/14 Máirín Duffy <duffy@fedoraproject.org>:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I started an IRC channel #fedora-advisory-board for some real-time
> >> discussions of the sorts of topics we discuss on this list.
> >>
> >> I hope it's okay. I have some ideas I'd like to bounce off of folks but
> >> I think a mailing list is an entirely inappropriate forum at this point.
> >>
> >> Please join
> >
> > Thanks mizmo.
>
> Please forgive the wasted electrons here. I meant that as a personal email.

Brilliant. I wasn't there as much as I wanted today but I'm camped
now.